Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Perspective

While I don't believe that "everything happens for a reason," I do believe that there is something to be learned from every trial we face. I've always thought that the one thing that I could NEVER handle is being sedentary/immobile/bedridden. I thought I'd go absolutely nuts. But for the past week now, I haven't done anything more physically active than hobble to and from different rooms in our tiny house. And I'm dealing with it just fine, I think. I mean, I definitely miss running. But I don't dwell on it. I just focus on my sweet little babies. So maybe I'm able to handle more than I think I can. Or maybe I'm totally off, and the only lesson to be learned here is that I just need to watch out for rocks.

Good news - my tendon is only partially torn and will heal by itself. No surgery needed. I get the stitches out on Wednesday and then I can start bending my knee and doing physical therapy exercises. The orthopedic surgeon (who I would NOT recommend to anyone, but that's a different story) said I'll be running again in 2 months (which I translate to 4-6 weeks). So I'll miss all the Fall half marathons and have to plan for a Spring one. I can't wait!
But actually - I can.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Chelsea, I'm so glad you don't have to have surgery! And I'm glad to hear you're doing better, I was thinking about you the other day and I just think that you are way more amazing than you give yourself credit for - two babies at once AND you can't really walk? You are awesome. Don't ever think that you aren't - I would probably have just told the hospital to take those babies back, which is also probably why I'm still single :) You rock.

Mary said...

What a relief to know you won't need surgery! I'm glad you are handling this well.

Snowwhite said...

You are a trooper. Perspective is a good thing to keep in mind, because you are likely at the hardest part of the twins stage. I remember how hard the most simple of things can be when you have little twins, like taking your daughter to the doctor was for you. (Not that I had another daughter, but just getting out at all.) I'm glad you got that figured out with Brianna and I hope she feels better soon. As for the tendon, I know how hard it must be for you to not exercise. I guess through this trial you are able to not over-do it and take it easy. Realize that right now even if you aren't exercising, you are the farthest thing from lazy as possible.

Brandon and Kim said...

Great news that you dont need surgery. Hope the babies are doing great, they are so cute

The McClellan Clan said...

GIRLFRIEND!!! I'm going to be the cautious one here since I don't know if anyone else is- MIss, I wanna run a marathon after I have twins:)
If they say lay off you better, especially when it comes to those legs. If you aint got legs, you aint got nuttin!! Don't push it girl!!
Don't worry- you'll thank me later for that:)
But may I say- you are the most ambitious person I know and I think its awesome you love to run so much. Me on the other hand-- I love to love watching people run, hehe