Saturday, September 25, 2010

Loving these feet

They make a heart shape!
Sentiments like, "savor these moments, it all goes by too fast" are pretty cliche. It seems like everyone says "it's all flown by so fast!" when their children hit annual or other major milestones. I don't feel that way. I think time crawls along at a slug's pace. I think it seems like eons until Brian and I get to load up all the kids and head out to Disneyland or boating on the lake or Hawaii. Don't get me wrong - I don't dislike this stage of our lives. I often wish the world would stop turning and I could just lay back on a recliner cuddling with my babies tucked into my arms for hours. I love it. I love them. I love our lives. I guess I'm just anxious for the more active part of parenting. I spend a lot of time just sitting. Sitting and breastfeeding, sitting and changing diapers, sitting and tickling babies... it's great, but it's not a family game of soccer or a family bike ride. I want to run around with my kids!

2 comments:

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

It was done on my phone, actually while we were still at the splash pad. The only problem is they are so short. I need to write more so I have a better diary of our life.

On a side note your babies all 3 of them are beautiful. You are doing an amazing job raising them. Keep up the good work mama.

Debbie said...

great sentiment