Sunday, September 26, 2010

Take that, rock.

To commemorate my one-month anniversary since the worst mistake of my life, I decided I was ready to go on my first run. Of course, I went straight back to the same place I fell. I wanted to show that $#%^!@  rock who's boss. I ran right over it this time and stayed vertical. BOOYAH.
The scene of my near death experience, caused by that big rock. And my clumsiness.
I wish I could say running felt great, but it was pretty awkward. I'm babying my right leg - whether by choice or force I'm not sure. So my stride is unnatural. And despite my feigned courageous conquering of that evil rock, I'm totally scared to death that I'll trip again. So I'm staring at the ground and keeping my feet higher, almost prancing. More awkwardness. But hopefully by running everyday this will gradually even out and I can get in better shape. Walking on the treadmill just doesn't do it for me. It's actually giving me a minor case of shin splints. I'm just so far from my running goals, it's depressing. I fear I've lost my speed forever, along with my waistline. I want to do a half marathon, possibly another marathon, and a 5K under 20 minutes before I even think about getting pregnant again. So sometime before I'm 40  :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

That is pretty crazy! That is great that you are able to get out, even just going a little ways probably feels pretty great. I love all the new pictures of the babies and Brianna. It looks like quite and adventure at your house these days.

Cindy Clawson said...

Awesome for getting out again. I;ll try running with you but even after twins and the accident, you'll still out run me!

Unknown said...

When I broke my foot, my doctor told me something very interesting. He said that I would be physically healed in 6-8 weeks, but that I will be mentally healed in 8-9 months. And it was kind of true. Even though I could walk just fine, I was terrified that I would do something stupid and break my foot again. Anyway, that was random, but I really think you are a rock star for getting out there and running!

Debbie said...

Let's talk about that big hump in the middle. Doesn't look like a place to frequent while running. I think the revisiting just once was okay though.