Saturday, September 18, 2010

Strollin'

I was feeling brave this morning (or just stir-crazy?) and decided we were ready to venture out solo - meaning without Brian or anyone else to help me. It's amazing how intimidating 3 little people can be when I'm all by myself and outside of my house. What if one of them has a diaper/potty emergency? What if someone gets stung by a bee? What if I forget something essential, like my phone/wallet/waterbottle ...? Or the worst - what if BOTH babies start crying at the SAME TIME... that's the most horrible sound! I've read somewhere that human beings are biologically programmed to find baby crying unpleasant. I believe hearing two babies crying biologically programs me to want to run and hide. Fortunately that rarely happens. So this morning I decided the neighborhood yard sales were too tempting to skip. I loaded all three up after B left for work and we went sale-ing. I scored some great finds! Gymboree dresses in 4T for $2, like-new cute frames for .50, good quality shoes and snow boots for Brianna for .50, books for a quarter... Brianna was having so much fun going through all the books and being able to have whatever ones she wanted (though I took a few out when she wasn't looking - some kids books are really pointless and annoying). We hit 4 yard sales, visited some neighbors that hadn't seen the babies (confession - I reallyreally like showing them off and the ooohhs and ahhhs from strangers - as long as they DON'T TOUCH!) and were gone for 3 hours! That's the longest I've been out of the house in 6 weeks! Sad, I know. But days like this make me feel more normal. Getting a decent night's sleep helped too - both babies gave me a 4-hour stretch - at the same time! Then a two-hour then a one-hour. That's good for us. I think I even have enough energy to go hit the pool for some laps. That will help me work through my depression about missing the Cedar Half Marathon today. Yep, still mourning over it. Dang knee. Funny story - while strolling, I asked Brianna if she wanted me to push her faster and RUN - she looked very concerned and said to me quite seriously, "no, mommy. You'll fall down."  Sheesh. I've scarred her against running now. Hope she gets over it - because I sure will! So back to strolling... it was fun. I lovelove our stroller and the features on it.
Especially it's magical ability to put all the kids to sleep.

5 comments:

M and N Tenny said...

Sounds like you're really adjusting well to having three little darlings! Keep up the good work woman, you rock!

Unknown said...

Ohmigoodness, two babies in one stroller seat is almost more cuteness then I can handle. I totally can relate to the confession (showing them off - as long as they DON't TOUCH). It's so fun taking Leah places and having strangers come up and say how adorable she is. We went on our first stroller trip this week, and it was pretty successful too.

Cindy Clawson said...

Way to go Chelsea! I remember the first times of taking all three out at the same time - although I didn't have two babies! Glad to hear it went well!

summer said...

way to go! what a cute picture it makes with all 3 in the stroller...absolutely precious! Glad to hear that you and the babies are getting more sleep, and to able to get out even if for a short time here and there. {I wish I had been to 4 yard sales - MISS those!}

Melanie said...

I was just thinking about how my second was the MOST intimidating for me...but how with my third I was DEFINITELY outnumbered and you got it both at once! I love seeing your twins in the seat together! SO sweet! so you LOVE your stroller! you'll have to tell me all about it, because I love everything about my double tandem but can hardly turn the darn thing, so I never use it. bummer. let me know... I just might have to invest! :)