Saturday, September 25, 2010

I wonder if this is healthy or not.

Brianna's been having to play by herself a lot more lately. I'm tied down for obvious reasons, and the first few weeks of constant playdate offers has died down a little. So here she is, playing on the swing set with her one available friend, Blanket:
I took the picture because I wanted to remember to report what I overheard: "Blanket, you want to swing? You want to go CRAZY HIGH? I push you crazy high! Ready, set, ok! Wheee! Blanket, you be careful! Oh Blanket, you so funny!"
She does this type of thing with her dolls too. Yesterday one was put in time out and got a little lecture about not hitting. Another doll was told she couldn't go outside until she got dressed. I wonder if other 2 yr olds are doing this too?! I'd rather her play with real people!

6 comments:

Julie said...

can't report that Boston has started talking to his growler (stuffed tiger) quite like that but growler has to watch him eat breakfast and go everywhere with him... i'm sure he will be just like her soon!

The Gilson Girls said...

my girls did not, for obvious reasons, I found that my girls play more role playing games, rather than play with toys, as my cousin who has twins observed also.
However, I played with toys and dolls, and a blanket all the time, I did have some friends, but had no problem entertaining myself also.
I would actually encourage this behavior. Not only does it feed her imagination, it allows her to explore herself, and enjoy her own company.
Hopefully as she grows, she will not be so dependent on others providing entertainment.

Unknown said...

Yes my kids have done this. I think it's hilarious and shows that they are learning. I think it goes right along with "nursing" a babydoll. She's happy, and it's important to be able to play solo and entertain herself.

Dan and Anne said...

I love it! She is still adorable. I sometimes worry about not giving B enough attention when he decides he needs to parent E. Good to see other "similar" situations. :)

Brandon and Kim said...

Cici often has totally conversations by herself. She asks her dolls if they want to watch mickey or as I am speaking to you she is talking to her brownie saying "This one, no This one" A little scary, but I think it is totally normal. Her favorite is singing. She came home from nursery singing a froggy song.

Debbie said...

Brianna is independent and that is good. You actually rolled both ways really well.