Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Airing out

Confession: I only make "green-friendly" lifestyle changes when it saves me time or money. I get a few warm fuzzies from reducing my carbon footprint... but not enough to make me willing to sacrifice the bottom line. But fortunately for mother nature, I'm totally into line-drying our clothes. In addition to saving money and making our clothing last longer, I think it's kindof fun. I've never had a nice clothes line dryer until NOW:
We got this puppy from Home Depot! I'm so excited! It rotates/spins and folds away and holds a ton without taking up a lot of space. Booyah.
Brian recruited our neighbor Tom to help him cement the bottom part in. I think he really gets a kick out of doing backyard/outdoor projects like this - even though he isn't very supportive of my clothes-drying habits. I have to compromise and use our dryer for whites and his work clothes. Brianna also enjoyed the cement project and told me, "Daddy and Tom outside getting dirty."
=)

No comments: