Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stitches out!

I'm finally free of the "spiders" tied into my knee (that's what Brianna calls them). I got them all removed today. Sadly, I still have to keep my right leg straight all the time until I go through physical therapy for gradual mobility. Apparently the tendon fibers could tear more if I go too fast. I see the Orthopedic guy tomorrow, which means another appointment I have to carefully orchestrate so all my kids are taken care of and someone chauffeurs me. I'm really grateful to my fabulous friend Lisa for sitting in the car today with the babies while these sutures were removed. When I hobbled back to the car today this is how I found her:
Poor girl - juggling two babies, trying to keep them happy, while attempting to read her Hunger Games book. I wish I could read it too - everyone says it's so good. But I literally - LITERALLY - cannot keep my eyes open and focused long enough to do any real reading. And I probably wouldn't retain anything I read. This sleep deprivation is getting to me. Where's the light at the end of the tunnel?!?! I don't see it yet.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait, gradual mobility? didn't you just post about putting your shoes on for your first post-natal run? How exactly does one run without bending one's knees?

On another note, you should totally sign up for Amazon Mom from amazon.com. You get the 30% off diapers and wipes (and anything else in their "baby store") PLUS free Amazon prime (free 2 day shipping) for 3-12 months!!!

And one more thing - thanks for the middle of the night reading material. Your posts are funny enough for me to keep my eyes open, for an entire post at a time...not long enough to comment, but I'll take what I can get!

chelsea mckell said...

Keish - timeline check: the accident happened 3 weeks postnatal. I got 4 good runs in before crashing. That photo was taken a few days before my demise.
I'll totally check out the Amazon deal - we went through 600 diapers in 5 weeks - I need all the discounts I can get!
Glad you enjoy my blog. That makes me happy. The posts will either get funnier or stupider as I continue to sacrifice shuteye. I really wish you could come help me Babywise train my babies. I know you're good at it.

Holly said...

Hey Chelsea! Congrats on the babies! I'm so happy for you. On the other hand sorry about your injury...I hope you recover quickly. I can't imagine how you're coping with the children and an injury but, you're amazing...I have not doubt you will have it all conquered in no time. Sleep...who needs sleep lol.

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I need all the encouragement I can get.

By the way, when you get a chance and aren't exhausted...The Hunger Games series is really good. Hope to read the last one, Mocking Jay, soon.

Take care!

Jordan and Crystal said...

glad you have such good friends! Just caught up reading your birth story! You amaze me....a run before your c-section. I love it. Hope things heal quickly! remember how its almost been 10 years since we graduated high school? thats weird. Rob and I were talking about a 10 year reunion....ha ha...not sure if I would be able to go..but you never know.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the timeline check. I was picturing you trying to run without bending the knee. A rather funny image if you ask me.

I wouldn't say I'm good at Babywise training, it's more that I'm desperate for sleep! Living with another nursing mom and newborns, would at least mean we'd have company in the middle of the night. Hang in there, it's gonna get eas*ier real soon!

Misty said...

Hum the light at the end of the tunnel... For me it didn't come until 4 months. Thats when I started feeling like a human being again and not like a walking zombie. Sleep came in longer increments and I enjoyed meals and showers again. Sorry, hope that doesn't make things worse :)
P.S. Hope you don't mind my reading/posting on your blog - I'm so glad to know another local twin mom!

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Oh you really must black out my horrible scowling face in that picture! I look awful! Those babies wer JUST fine and they were sleeping peacefully. It was no big deal. I look like I am about to die but really it wasn't that bad. Seriously.