Friday, September 24, 2010

Neighborly

We were really lucky/blessed to move into an awesome neighborhood with an awesome ward (because the neighborhood basically encompasses the whole ward. Actually there are people in my neighborhood who aren't even in my ward). It's mostly young families like us. In fact I have 4 girlfriends on my little street whose offspring makeup is the same as ours - 2 girls, one boy.
Last summer we had Wednesday night BBQs every single week. Not joking. Every week. It was really fun. This summer we planned on doing the same, but our street corner venue became unavailable. So people had to volunteer their backyards. I never jumped at that because we had a boring backyard for kids.
But now that we have the goods - sandbox, tramp, swingset, slide... we're total candidates. Oh, except that I'm not exactly up for playing hostess, with all these babies and a bum leg. That didn't stop Brian from volunteering us though! When he informed me last Sunday night that the neighbors would all be at our house in 3 days... he's lucky I wasn't able to run and kick him. But it ended up being super fun and helped me feel like I'm getting back to normal social life. Like I'm actually capable of doing something beyond basic childcare.
Unrelated story: last night Brianna said the longest sentence I've heard from her: "Hey Bennett, I gonna tell you secret to your ear - no poopoo no peepee in your pants cuz mommy daddy no like it and they be sad."

1 comment:

Jan said...

Nice yard Chelsea! And good for you having the neighbors over - Actually it's more people to help hold the babies so that's a bonus too. I love checking your blog - You're one super woman!