Monday, September 20, 2010

8 pounds!

I wish I could say this is what I've lost this week, but sadly I'm going much slower than that. Not being able to run and having an insatiable appetite isn't helping. But 8 pounds is what each of our babies weigh!
The dude that cut me open and took my kids out
We took them to my 6 week postpartum appointment today and gave them a turn on the scale. Eight pounds flat! This may not sound like a lot - Brianna weighed that at her 2 week checkup - but I feel like we need to throw a party for these fatsos. I'm especially happy about Bennett catching up - he's always been smaller. But he eats more and sleeps less, so we can thank that for his weight gain! And actually... that's what I do too (eat lots, sleep little)... so maybe I should be more like Courtney...  ok I'll stop complaining about my size and just be happy about theirs. =)  I don't know what percentile that puts them in... and I don't care, because that whole system is screwy. I'll spare you my rant on it.

So...I like my doc... but I'll be very happy if I don't see him or a hospital again for a loooooong time!   
These babies are fabulous, and worth every second of crap I went through these past couple months (and the $6K price tag), but I'm so DONE with being a "patient" and ready to just be a normal self-reliant mom  (if that's possible?!).

5 comments:

Allison said...

Love the pic of Courtney. She's lookin' like her big sister there. and yea for good eating babies!

Unknown said...

Well Gina comes from the phrase "Dang Gina" which I picked up somewhere in college. I don't know who Gina is, but I sure Dang her a lot. So about your twins, dang gina! They are sooo stinking cute, I can't believe the toll it takes to have twins and you guys are just incredible!!!

Marilyn said...

The babies are so cute and look very healthy. Good job, Mom!

Unknown said...

I thought the caption under the doctor read "The dude that cut me open and took my guts out". At least that is how I feel about my doctor!
I am so proud that your babies have made it to 8 pounds. I am hoping that Paige makes it to 8 pounds by her first birthday!

summer said...

that is great news! the babies are darling (C) and handsome (B) --- they are starting to really like their own little person as that newborn look starts to fade away. I always loved that phase to see really what they looked like - but then looking back at pictures I'd realize how fast that newborn phase had really been!

And you look fantastic! I know for you it must be trying to not have the mobility you are used to and crave...however, I (and many other moms) would have LOVED to have the post-baby body you already have. And it's a 2 baby - post body at that! Be patient with yourself...it will happen, and I'm sure you won't let it go like me who is back on another round of losing what I will always call my baby weight, even though my little one turns 4 tomorrow!