Tuesday, September 28, 2010

iNsAnItY

I started the program today!
Of course, my copy doesn't quite look this cool... it's [ahem]{COUGH}burned{cough} (thankyou Kim!)  It's a 60 day workout plan and I WILL stick to it everyday  (except the nutrition part - not ready for that yet). There are 10 DVDs, with the first being the fit test. So today I did switch kicks, powerjacks, powerknees, powerjumps, globejumps, suicide jumps, pushup jacks, and low plank obliques. I had to record how many I could do in a minute. My numbers were pretty weaksauce. But it felt better than doing nothing....which I did for 4 weeks...and that may explain my excessive zeal for physical activity now. I have my laptop up in the living room and an agreement with Brian to entertain the munchkins in the evenings so I can go insane with Shaun T.   Brianna loves to come "esherize" with me, though she gets bored fast. But she's still probably in better shape than I am right now. I have a ways to go. But honestly - this isn't drudgery for me. It's fun. I genuinely look forward to putting on the DVD tomorrow, just as much as I look forward to running. It's recreation, not a chore.  Insane, huh?

4 comments:

redrockmama said...

Atta girl!!

Brandon and Kim said...

The suicide jumps are what kill me in the fit test

The McClellan Clan said...

Dude... I'm doing that!! But seriously, it was rough for my knee's the first time (with being out of shape after pretty much bed rest for 9 months)
So with your little leggy- you be careful missy!!
Ya its fun, I don't get sick of it either cause the odds getting FULLY through the dvd exactly how you should is not to good, so it makes me want to do it again- NICE!!

Melissa said...

Sweet! We are doing p90X I guess its similar. Its a love/hate relationship! Good luck with it!