Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Visting Grandpa McKell


Brianna wanted to show off her walking skills to Grandpa McKell, so we headed down to Spanish Fork last Sunday afternoon for a visit.

Brianna LOVES all the stuffed animals at his home - especially this cow that moos and shakes (get it - milkshake!)

Grandpa McKell started giving advice to Brian and I about the logistics of renting and dealing with renters (he owns several properties and has been a landlord for decades). It was interesting to hear him detail how "tough" he had to be enforcing the rules (ie, no pets). He said, "finally after telling that lady 4 times to get rid of the dog, I wrote her a strongly worded letter!" You have to know Grandpa McKell... there isn't a mean bone in his 90 yr old body. Those insolent renters probably think they can take advantage of the sweet elderly man. My Brian isn't much different. The only time he ever says anything mean to anybody is when he's in traffic and they can't hear him. So when we (hopefully) rent out our Provo townhome, I'm going to have to be the tough one.

When we leave his home, Grandpa McKell always yells out (several times) "come again soon!"
We will.

8 comments:

mmm... said...

that's cute. grandpa McKell seems like a great guy!

Chelsea and Cody said...

You never fail to entertain me, Chelsea

Amy Hunter said...

Oh, I love grandpas like that, especially ones with fax machines in their living room! How quaint. I love the pictures!

Amy Hunter said...

OH, and is that a TV on top of a TV? Eric's grandma has the same thing! She uses her old console TV as the table for her new one. Hilarious.

Julie said...

I love Grandpas!! or as we call them "G-pa's!"

Unknown said...

So fun to be close to old people. I love old people not afraid to say it like it is and always full of good stories. I'm sure he loves having Brianna around.

Ashley said...

That is so fun. I bet that he loved having you guys over there. I love that cow that he has that makes noise. Alli also thinks it is fun.

Debbie said...

I am impressed with your effort to get her to her great grandpa! I sure liked Grandpa McKell.