Wednesday, January 7, 2009

sliding solo in seattle


The Seattle airport has the best children's play area I've ever seen (not that I've paid a lot of attention to children's play areas before though...) Brianna was in heaven (especially afters hours of being confined to my arms, carseats, plane seats, standing in LINES, security torture, etc) She wow-ed the entire crowd (ok, just me) by going up the stairs and down the slide all by herself, over and over! I helped her the first time, then just stood back a little to see what she'd do.
It was amazing to me to see her so independent - crawling to the stairs, going up, and waiting for the other kids to move so she could slide down on her belly, feet first (the same way she goes down our stairs). She would've kept going all day, but my brother Dave finally rescued us (we had flown to Seattle because our SLC-Spokane flight got canceled due to weather). If you ever have a choice of which airport to be stuck in - pick Seattle!

7 comments:

Julie said...

She is totally independent - holy moly
!! Does she walk like totally now?? and why you going to spokane again? weren 't you just there? you lucky little traveler you!! are you just trying to get away from the Housleys?!

chelsea mckell said...

oh jules... you are breaking my heart! nonono - we hate being away from the housleys! Believe me, this isn't easy doing a double life.
And no - these pics are from December (there's a date stamped in the lower right of the pics). I WISH we got to go to spokane more often!
And no, again - she's not "totally" walking. Just 5 or 6 steps at a time. At least that I see. She doesn't do it when she knows I'm watching. Brian gets her to do it way better. And she does her best moves when she thinks no one is watching at all! So we gotta be sneaky. I really wanna set up a hidden camera. I bet Rhett knows how to do that!

Tia Langston said...

Love the slide! And...it's such a fun thing to be able to let them play by themselves. Yah Brianna!

Amy Hunter said...

I love Seattle (I served my mission there)! I'll remember to get stuck in that airport if I have too! I'm not surprised at her independence. She was born with it! What an amazing little girl and future President she is! What I can't get over is that she understands the whole "taking turns" concept! My 3 year old still hasn't grasped that one!

Mandy said...

Wow, until I was in the SLC airport, I had no idea that there were kid play areas in airports! (if there is one in the Phoenix airport, I have never heard of it!) That does look a lot of fun, and holy cow, she is getting independent!! I am with Amy, my 4 year olds still push other kids aside to try to get in front of them! Maybe that is something kids "grow" into? I'll tell myself that so I don't feel so bad about my girls trying to cut in line! :-)

Debbie said...

She really is holding her own at an early age - stay close!

Tia Langston said...

We would love baby clothes! And we do make it to Provo on occasion. We were just there on Sunday. We should do dinner some night..or something.