Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas vacation re-cap

Christmas is over, the decorations are put away... yet I still haven't posted all our pictures.
Neverfear, here they are. You can all stop holding your breath now.
In non-ordered randomness, I present.....
Christmas 2008
The Idea House, backyard view. Awe-inspiring, I know. When my parents leave on their mission - it's MINE!
You gotta look closely at this one. The expression on Brianna's face, the expressions on everyone else's... this is baby exhibitionism at it's best.
Walking back up the driveway post-sledding
Sledders
Brian made a jump at the end of the driveway hill. This is a millisecond before he went flying in the air
Ready to sled down Rae Lane! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The finished puzzle! I have a thing for puzzles (that's an understatement)
Jenny and I started puzzle #2... but Lincoln decided to put an end to it. Oh well - 1000 pieces await us next year!
Dad (Papa) snowblowing their front walkway! I think Spokane's latest snow count is nearly 7 feet. Record high by far. Absolute insanity. Very Siberia-esque.
I LOVED having Sammy at home! Brian obviously did too... from the really weird expression on his face.... don't ask me
Kitchen scene. Nonny did an excellently tasty job of putting 4 pounds on me in 8 days. Ever had cornflake-crusted french toast? I have. It's amazing.
My LOOT. I have taken a picture of the gifts I received each year since I was old enough to operate a camera. Though I feel way too old to continue this superficial and materialistic tradition.... some things just never die. Some of Brianna's gifts are in here too. And Brianna is in it too, of course. An arrangement of organized items MUST be attacked! Big thanks to my family for their superfluous generosity.
Brianna and McKay at the back patio door, viewing the newest Smith additions - Azie and Deano.
Isn't McKay just adorable?!?! He's Brianna's closest cousin at just 3 weeks younger.
Meredith gave everyone the Christmas gift of a free haircut. She's amazing - she can talk on her cell phone AND take 3 inches off my locks. Scary huh. Does anyone like my Cousin-It pose?
Nonny is such a fun Nonny. She's with the kiddos in the 4th floor playroom. They do dance parties, dress-ups, fairy tales, reading time, blocks... I wish I had a Nonny!
More sledding. Yes, their driveway really is this long and steep.
Brady spent several hours slaving away, building a large pile of snow. Very productive.
I'm such a graceful sledder. This belongs in a magazine. Not sure which one though... (don't answer for me if you're not going to be nice!)
Snow up to my knees. I'm obviously trying to flap my wings and fly out of it.
The missionaries live in the apartment above the garage. They beg to come play in the basement and sometimes my parents are too nice. So here's a half-shot of them playing pingpong, and piano (there were 4 missionaries - actually 6 at one point).
The night I was stranded in Seattle, dad came to rescue me. We stayed at Dave and Jenny's gorgeous home on Queen Anne, and went out to a Greek Pizzeria that night. Dad is entertaining his grandkids with magic finger shows. Brianna is obviously more interested in her food.
Jenny and McKay playing kangaroo

Brianna was insanely happy to be entertained by her fun cousins
On the airplane to Seattle (see, I told you these were out of order and random). I got to sit next to Christy Strom - a friend from high school who I haven't seen in years!
Brianna LOVES playing with the plastic cups. I'm trying to get in on the action.
My parents didn't have an infant car seat, so Brianna had to use a forward-facing one for her first time! She's obviously crazy about it, as you can see. Elmo lovey helped konk her out (gotta love those triggers)
Mom treated me to pedicures at a classy little salon! AND I got a facial/massage that left me floating on air. THANK YOU MOM! If you're trying to get me to come visit more often... this is definitely the way to do it.
Queen Nonny. She deserves it!
Probably my favorite part of big family get-togethers... playing board games at night! Wits and Waggers and Quelf were my favorites this year.
Nonny felt it necessary to hose my child down after every diaper. I think she just wanted an excuse to stick the naked baby in the sink.
Princess Brianna. This is why I don't dress her up very often.
So happy to be home!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Looks like you guys had SOOOO much fun!! I feel like I know your family, even though I have never met them!! :) Can I say I LOVE that house!! (that's your parents?!?) Wow, it's gorgeous! :) Glad you guys had a fun trip!!

Malerie said...

Looks like such a fun vacation. so are your parents still in Spokane? Or did they move? I hear you about gaining pounds over the weekend. All my hard work and then 5 lbs like that! It's oh so worth it though :) Isn't family great? We are so lucky and our girls are so lucky to have such awesome grandparents.

Chelsea and Cody said...

That princess skirt is adorable! When we take pics you HAVE to bring that!
When are we going to take pics with you moving and all!?!? This saturday? Or is life too crazy?

Unknown said...

I really love all of the pictures. And I love her pink princess skirt! The mountains of snow have been a lot of fun. Wish you luck with the renting thing...

Debbie said...

great slide show! Brianna likes dressing up - I can tell. Put that on her again - real soon - right now!

Amy Hunter said...

Hard to describe the feelings one gets when looking at your pictures, but the word that comes to mind is "warmth." It just seems so warm and cozy with your family. I love staying up late and playing games too. I've heard that quelf is hilarious. I love the naked baby stripper pic! I wish I had a nonny too!

chelsea mckell said...

Mal - yep, parents are still in Spokane. Just moved to Colbert area (about a mile from the new church building, on the same street as colbert elementary, near the John/Lori Miller fam)
And the holiday weight... definitely worth it at the time... not so fun now! :)

Amy - you HAVE to get Quelf! You would love it - totally hilarious. Judson could play too.