Thursday, January 1, 2009

My 2009 Resolutions

  • spend more time reading to Brianna
  • floss everyday
  • figure out how to use my scanner/printer/fax machine
  • make a salsa garden
  • quit eating so much sugary junk
  • live in just one house
  • sleep more
  • respond to emails faster
  • get better at juggling apples
  • get Brian to take vitamins everyday
  • organize my CD case
  • make frozen meals
  • be more frugal
  • don't be so cheap
  • drink more water
  • do another half-marathon
  • call my grandma more often
  • stretch daily
  • wear earrings more often
  • deep clean my oven
  • learn to sew/knit/crochet
  • teach more swim lessons
  • stop saying the word crap
  • sell the '91 Tracer
  • take Brianna swimming everyday all summer
  • read the whole Book of Mormon For Families book
  • read a fiction novel
  • take more pictures
  • solve the neighbor cat problem
  • stop speeding in residential areas
  • research pre-schools
  • shoot more family video
  • chew my food more thoroughly
  • teach Brianna more sign language
  • practice Spanish
  • finish Preach My Gospel
  • keep my toes looking nicer
  • get a piano
  • learn a really cool difficult song on the piano
  • have friends and neighbors over more often
  • get my eyebrows under control
  • stop missing spots when shaving
  • go visit my mom-friends more for playdates
  • play board games with Brian every week
  • light candles in my home
  • work up to 50 full pushups
  • get better at cris-cross jump roping
  • don't let Brianna stay in her jammies all day
  • read grandpa mckell's genealogy book
  • read grandpa berrett's genealogy book
  • make a shorter resolution list for 2010

10 comments:

Allison said...

That'a a mighty long list! Good luck and happy new year.

Hetzlers said...

Wow! That is quite a list!! So really, which ONE do you REALLY want to accomplish??!! LOL I am a perfectionist too, but I am also a realist!! :) I would fail at nearly all but perhaps one or two- so I think I will be sticking with one or two! Have fun!!

Ivy Lou said...

I think I will skip out on the whole resolutions thing. Can I just use one from your list????...I love to floss, so I am choosing that one. Thanks Chels! Now I'm all done with that!

Are you really sick? Sounds like you might have a cold or something (from your gmail comment.) If so, hope you get better!!

chelsea mckell said...

Ivy - you're so sweet to notice! Only YOU would pick up on my subtle hint and be thoughtful enough to wish the bug away... so yeah, little under the weather here. That's what happens when you spend a week with a bunch of little nieces/nephews running around coughing and sneezing....
and even worse, poor little Brianna wasn't spared. She has a runny nose and cough now. But she's handling it much better than me - she has been sleeping a ton. If you have any tips on how to handle the runny nose, I'd love it. She HATES tissues in that area, but I gotta wipe it or it dries up and gets nasty. Then she can't breath well, or nurse well.... such a mess.

Amy Hunter said...

Chelsea, you are hilarious. May I add some of your resolutions to my list? Namely, getting my eyebrows under control, not letting my kids stay in their jammies all day either, getting a piano, missing spots when shaving (heck, my goal should just to shave more often), and to say crap less. Excellent goals! Thank you for the inspiration(and the giggles)!

Becky and Brian said...

Good luck with all those resolutions. I am hoping I can accomplish maybe two. Looks like you will have more work ahead with Brianna learning to walk.

Debbie said...

Maybe next time, you can make that list a LITTLE more thorough! Keep me posted (get it - posted?)

valmike said...

Huh... I just decided to be nicer to the neighbors this year. Your list makes me seem like a slacker! -VAL

Mandy said...

Wow, that is quite a list! www.30mealsinoneday.com sells an awesome computer program and books all geared towards always having 30 meals in your freezer . . . I LOVE IT! As far as staying in jammies all day . . . enjoy it while you can! Now that my girls are older and into so many things (preschool, dance, gymnastics, etc.) we rarely have a day where we CAN stay in jammies all day, and I enjoy it when we can! :-)

Chelsea and Cody said...

I read it.