Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A sweet deal

My neighbor came to my door a few weeks ago with a proposition:
She had to work while her hub schooled. So they would bring their three kids over to my house to play once or twice a week:And in return for the childcare, she would give me a case (thirty pounds) of fresh local honey from her bee-keeping family. Sweet deal! It's great for Brianna to have the interaction, and hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the honey once I get through this first trimester (sadly, it's on my gag list right now. Along with the majority of food items with strong flavors).

9 comments:

Cindy Clawson said...

You still seem so up and ready to go even if you are in the beginning of pregnancy! Hope the gag list gets shorter soon!

Jules AF said...

ooo I just ran out of honey. That'd be nice.

Debbie said...

Brianna looks very happy to have some playmates - maybe you ought to get her a "couple"!

Amanda said...

Yummy Honey...Mmmm! Brianna is looking more and more like you! What a cutie. Good luck with the gagging, there really should be a "fix-all" for that.

the Gardners said...

Are Chocolate Chip Cookies on that gag list? ;)

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Honey? Sweet Deal is right! Hey, so I haven't been up on the blog checking lately...I just watched B's reaction on the twins!! I had no idea! CONGRATS!!! That is soooo happy :)

DeAnne said...

thanks for the tip about making it larger!!!! hahaha, like all those exclamations????? Yay, I can read your blog more easily now.

Dan and Anne said...

Yay! We just got back from our trip and heard your news... that is so exciting! (for you, I think I would cry because I don't have your energy!) Keep us updated!

Ivy Lou said...

Whaoa! That really is a SWEET deal! Hee hee. You better get used to having all those kids around! :0)