Monday, January 4, 2010

From Brianna's mouth, or other end

Brianna came to me last night and said, "Mommy, I go park?"
I responded, "Sorry - we can't. It's dark outside now."
She said, "turn on LIGHT!"

I was sitting in front of the laptop working on a project. Apparently I had tuned out Brianna, because she finally got right up in front of my face, grabbed my head with both her hands and said "LOOK at MEEE mommy!"

While Brianna and I wrestling, she BIT me! She hasn't done that since back in the nursing days. While that hurt worse, this made me very upset. I don't want a biter. How to punish the biting if it occurs again??

I went into Brianna's room when I heard her waking up from her nap. Our typical routine is to cuddle a little and read or just talk until she's fully awake. I often ask her "did you have a nice nap?" Well, this time, the first thing out of her mouth was, "Mommy, I had a nice nap." Ok, that doesn't sound as funny as I'm writing it down as it was when she said it to me. You'll just have to trust me it was THE MOST hilarious thing in the world. Ever. Nothing's ever been more funny.

We were at a New Year's Eve party with some other families and we were being introduced to some friends. I told Brianna to say hi. Instead, she took the opportunity to lift her shirt up and say, "MY BELLY!"

Brianna has THE stinkiest toots ever. Sorry to be so crude. But it's an in-my-face problem (literally) almost daily. Seriously, she could clear the Savannah after every meal (we just watched Lion King).

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love it when you share stories about Brianna! And I'm with you, when you're little one does/says something cute or totally hilarious, it feels like something is lost in relaying it to others. But, I think it is hilarious that she beat you to the routine question. So cute and SO smart!

Unknown said...

Brianna has spirit! I miss my mornings with her.