Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The moment I'll never forget

Top photo: baby B. Middle photo: baby C. Bottom photo: the duo in their bubbles side by side.
So here's the play-by-play: I went in for my 10 week appointment in a horrible mood. I hadn't eaten much all day since everything looks gross, I had Brianna with me since I had forgot to get a babysitter ahead of time, and I thought the whole appointment was pointless since I had just been in for a 6 week ultrasound. Then I had to wait a full 30 minutes because the doc was so behind. Wasting time in waiting rooms infuriates me. I was a little rude to the receptionist, asking if I should just reschedule and come back later, or if in the future I should call ahead to see if they're running behind schedule. Brianna was having a blast in the water fountain and magazine rack. I was frazzled and frustrated to the point of tears. When they finally got me back, the nurse asked if I had any questions. I told her I just wanted to be done and leave asap.
So the doc comes in and starts the ultrasound. Brianna was on the side screaming "MY MOMMY!" and showing her animal crackers how to fly.
I hear the heartbeats and start to calm down. Heartbeats make me happy.
But this heartbeat sound was a little different - it sounded jumpy and scattered and way too fast. So I asked my doctor if the baby looked okay. He said..............
...................................................
.......................................................................
"Yes, both babies look great."

And suddenly my world was happy.

16 comments:

Jordan and Crystal said...

awesome!

Jules AF said...

Does it ever make you feel unbelievably cool to be having twins? That's how I'd feel.

Elizabeth said...

Why is baby B and C and not baby A and B?? How fun!

chelsea mckell said...

Julie - honestly... I have to suppress those feelings. I'm paranoid I'll have something horrible happen if I feel anything but grateful.
Elizabeth - the doc calls them A and B... but if you look at our blog title you'll realize why we call them B and C :)

Unknown said...

Chelsea - so FUN! I love that you were totally a grump until he said there were two. Sounds like something I would do. My mom tells a similar story, except she was 32 weeks along into a 38 week pregnancy. I'm so glad that ultrasounds are common and expected in pregnancies now-a-days!

The Parenting University said...

Chelsea . . . drop Brianna off at my house if that ever happens again. I don't need any notice and I'm usually here!! Seriously!

Ivy Lou said...

That's really neat, Chels. Wish we could watch Breanna for you. You seem so far away.

Jami & Mark said...

Glad you told the story - it's a good one!! So excited for you guys!! Who is your doc?

DeAnne said...

I am pretty sure that is the coolest thing ever :)

chelsea mckell said...

Jami - my OB is Terence Heath. I think he's been in Cedar for about 4 years. He joined Dr. Sanders at the Women's Health Clinic.

valmike said...

I'm glad that your crazy frustrating appt had a happy ending! I'm sure that the little ones will love hearing the story about the moment their secret was discovered!

Tia Langston said...

Very sweet...thanks for sharing!

Malerie said...

Ah! Such cool pictures!

Debbie said...

What an amazing "view"! Loved seeing those - keep um coming.

Unknown said...

This post just made my day! I love heartbeats as well. They make me very happy!

Sally Jackson said...

This post made me happy! Definitely something you'll never forget the rest of your life! What an awesome moment!