Monday, January 18, 2010

Movie review

Dad took Meredith and I out on a movie date today. He wanted to take us to Avatar. We showed up and it was sold out. Lesson learned: buy tickets online in advance. So we settled for Leap Year. I kept waiting for the plot to start. I'm pretty sure I've seen this same movie several times, just under different titles. Yawwwwnnnn. But - I really like Amy Adams. She was in Enchanted and Julie & Julia. She actually grew up LDS til she was 11. Or so the www tells me. And the Irish co-star, Matthew Goode, made me want to dance an Irish jig. So it wasn't a total waste of time. While we were waiting for the movie to start, Mere and I walked into The Lovely Bones and watched about 15 minutes of it. Totally want to see that one. But later. I'm a Redbox person.
Mom took care of Brianna and Lily for us while we were gone. When I asked her how that went, she replied, "well - one acted like a 2 yr old the whole time, and the other acted like a baby."

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Try to read the novel, The Lovely Bones, first. Both the novel and the movie are good. They have different endings, however. The movie ending is more realistic.

Crystal and Jordan said...

yes redbox is the way to go...maybe we should start a bluebox....75 cents

Amy Hunter said...

I've heard excellent things about the lovely bones too! Thanks for the movie review, my dear, and I'm glad you are safely home in B's arms tonight! Btw, I died laughing at your comment on my blog about "I'm naughty." Seriously, I died laughing. You are awesome and I love you. How is #2 doing? Haven't heard much lately. Feeling ok?

Megan Smith said...

Same here. I saw it last weekend w/ friends. I was not into that movie! It didn't catch me at all and I was trying to figure out what it was. I did really like Amy's wardrobe in it though.