Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Brianna's new Step-Great-Grandma

Grandpa Berrett tied the knot last weekend!
We're thrilled for him. It's so nice to know he's happy and not alone.

I wish we could've showed our support by attending the festivities, but he only gave a day's notice to everyone! Brian and I were both in Spokane. So we'll have to send a card.
Grandpa Berrett has worked hard to keep himself healthy throughout his life, and he deserves these fun active Golden Age years with a companion (for time only).
If anything were to happen to me (I don't know why people use this phrase - let's just say what we really mean - if I DIED...) I would totally want Brian to not be alone. If he wanted to, he would re-marry quite easily (cuz he's totally a catch, in my opinion). But I'd want him to marry for time only, and with a pre-nup, to make sure Brianna gets all his dough. If the opposite happened, I think I'd survive ok solo. But, in general, men seem to be a little more socially co-dependent. Pretty sure research supports that.
Aaaaanyways... consider this the beginning of my living will. I've been meaning to go create a legal one - so our munchkins and assets go where we want them to - but I hate forking over the legal/notary fees. I'll just plan on living forever.

4 comments:

Sam and Melissa said...

That is one good lookin' couple. I bet they have a few years filled with cruises ahead of them. A days notice- that's funny.

Jules AF said...

That is fun. My grandma was single for 17 years, and I never thought about her being alone... Selfish me.
And if I come across a blog, I always comment on it because I know how much I love comments haha.
Until you have exclamation points at the end of every post, you are nothing like SSB hahaha. (Or take pictures of your shoes/dresses.)

Jules AF said...

by THAT. By THAT.

Jordan said...

i would totally just fly solo too! I dont think men can survive on their own.... :) how about we just be roommates?