Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reactions



Me: "I'm having TWINS?! I'm having TWINS? I'm really having TWINS? I'm having TWINS?" (repeated over and over until I could tell the doctor was annoyed).
Brianna: "NO tvins!"

Brian: "We're going to have to think of TWO names now!" and "We can buy a minivan or SUV from enterprise."
Mom: "You are not having twins." (repeated 40 times) then "Chelsea, I don't like it when you joke about serious things. If you were actually having twins, your father and I would have to drive down there right now and start helping you get ready." and, "if you're serious, this will change the planet. The universe."
Dad: (in monotone voice, not even skeptical - totally unamused - in response to mom yelling "Chelsea has twins"): "She's joking."
Grandpa McKell: "Oh wow - my brother Art's wife had twins, but they both died."
(he apologized later for that. I wasn't offended at all though. He's 92 - he can get away with saying anything)
Cousin Tiffany: ( I called her to find out where Grandma was) "Yep, you'll definitely win the favorite grandchild contest now!"
Grandma Smith: "It's a good thing you're tall - you're going to have to stretch out big!"
Dave: "I don't appreciate you wasting my time with your nonsense stories" [hangs up on me. Then calls back] "I'm really super excited for you and I think it will be cool to have twins in the family. I'm glad they're going to someone who actually wants them."
Aunt Debbie: "My goodness, you'll be busy!"
Nicol
e: "I'm thinking about the Doublemint song now."
Coach K: "W
eeAiiiieeee!" [or however that should be written out... it was his Hawaiian yell]
Barbara: "W
e're so happy for you. So is it two or three?" and "this happens every other generation in my family!"
Uncle Bill B: "That rocks - I love being a twin." and "Brian must be feeling pretty proud of himself, heh."
Meredith: "How did this happen?!?!"
April: "So now you'll hav
e three and can be done with the whole pregnancy thing!"
Stevie: "Way to go, Octo-mom!"
Brady: "That's awesome....is this because you were taking those drugs?"
Mark: "I want twins too."
Ch
elsea W: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
Lindsay: "I don't believe you." (me: I have pictures to prove it!) "I don't know where you got those ultrasound pictures." (me: Why in the world would I make up a story like this, Linds?!) "Chelsea - you do things like this all the time." then later: "If anyone can handle this, it's you. You'll do great."
Meg: "Are you joking me? Are you joking me? I am so excited for YOU. I'd be freaking out if it was me, but I'm really happy for you!" then later, " I can imagine all of the spirits in line getting ready to go down to earth and an older lady "angel" (I always imagine them older like the workers in the temple) saying to one of the spirits, after she herself had been informed, "there's been a change in plans...you're going to go along with your brother/sister here a little earlier than we'd thought." I then see the spirit SO EXCITED to get to come a little earlier. YAY!!"
Crystal: "That's awesome! You've always wanted twins! ...You're gonna get huge!"
[Nice friends]: some form of "congrats, how exciting!"
[Inconsiderate friends]: some form of "wow, I'd never wanna have multiples - good luck."

Thank you to all those who offered positive encouragement! To those who didn't - you can't rain on my parade!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, congrats on twins! That's amazing! Just returning the visit and follow! :)

Man. 2 babies. I have 2 cousins who have had twins... I have 2 kids, and I feel completely done.

That's amazing.

M and N Tenny said...

I love that I just made your blog post! Hilarious, I am singing the doublemint song in my head again hehe! This is seriously so amazing, I love reading your blog now, this news just makes it even better! I also now have the rain on my parade song in my head, "Don't tell me not to live, just sit and putter, life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter, don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade!" Too cute, you go girl, you're going to be an amazing insta-mother of three!

DeAnne said...

ok. so this is NOT joke, right? Was this planned?? I think it's great that you are so excited. I would be in tears! Congratulations! You'll do great :) Also, I'm curious about the naysayers... what are they saying? my dad is a twin...i think it's kinda cool

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Great post!!! Congrats! How exciting! I, for one, would like having twins! (But I've never had them, so you can let me know if I'm crazy)! :) YOU CAN DO IT!

Debbie said...

So do I officially become grandgrandmother? Or superNONNY? Hope this doesn't sound like "what's in it for me?" Ha! This is amazing! I did have a conversation with a dr. girlfriend of mine last night. Basically, it was ... (call me, its not bad :)

Amy Hunter said...

"I hope they don't turn out like Marykate and Ashley. Those girls are messed up." - Eric
" that's nothing. We're having triplets. " -Eric

Eric's comments made me bust a gut, so I thought I'd share. I'm thrilled for you!!! We both are!!! And, if brianna feels neglected at anytime, just send her to my house, I really need a daughter just like her. She's the only girl I know tough enough to handle being in a household of boys. Ooooh, I can't wait to see what see your twins will be! Any predictions???

Sam and Melissa said...

I am so excited for you guys. I can't imagine any better news. Two is definitely better than one!!!! You are going to do awesome!!!! Do they have jogging strollers that seat 3? :)

Malerie said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! Wow! That's awesome! It sounds a little scary to me, but if anyone can do it, it's you! I've been having dreams that I'm pregnant with twins. That must have really been a dream about you! :) Here's to a long, healthy pregnancy and a not too uncomfortable Chelsea!

Allison said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!! Twins must be the thing now. My sister in law is having twins also. Maybe spirits need to get down here to earth pronto. She's 20 weeks. We couldn't believe it! Hurray for you. Twice the fun. Start saving moolah I guess! Maybe they will be boys so it's okay that you gave away all of your baby clothes.

the Gardners said...

Great moment to catch on video! That was funny. I just realized this morning that when I was talking to you yesterday I was talking like you were gong to have girls. I don't know why! Sorry about that!=)

Jill said...

How exciting! I would love to have twins, you are going to have so much fun! Congrats!

Unknown said...

I am super emotional lately and watching Brian's reaction made me tear up a little! I am super excited for you and know without a doubt that you will not only be able to handle these little miracles, but you will do it with such ease and grace! I am really, really happy and excited for you all five of you!!!

Jordan and Crystal said...

yes!!! i made the list! :) I look forward to all the updates!

The McClellan Clan said...

can't believe you can remember all those responses!! I'm SO happy for you. I'm glad your inshape cause your body is gonna need that!! You will have so much fun. I know you're a really good mom!! Good luck!