Thursday, January 28, 2010

I wish I had a picture, but it was one of those moments I didn't want to risk spoiling by running to grab the camera.
Brianna let me brush her teeth! This is huge. Monumental. She has never been good about dental hygiene. She just likes sucking on the toothbrush for 2 seconds then saying, "all done!" or "more pa-pace" (yeah, she gets lazy on the word toothpaste and it comes out oddly). She neverevernever lets anyone help her - totally typical stubborn 2 yr old behavior. But tonight I just said very enthusiastically , "open your mouth really big and I will have so much fun brushing your teeth!" And she let me!
Never imagined something so seemingly trivial would make my day.

1 comment:

Becky and Brian said...

Sounds like Dean. He likes to just sucking on the toothbrush and eating the toothpaste. His new thing this week is to throw the toothbrush in the toilet. He has only done this twice but it is disgusting picking them out of the toilet and a waist of money. It is probably my fault for not learnig the first time he did it!