Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bowling with B

Not with B & b - JUST B! It was great to get away for a little date night. Besides temple trips, we haven't done anything alone together for fun outside the house in a long time.
I wish I could take the credit for being spontaneous, but it was my awesome friend Michelle who called me up Friday afternoon and informed me that Brianna was coming over to their house that night and Brian and I had to have a date. She wouldn't take no for an answer (and I wasn't going to even try - I'm no dummy!) I called Brian and informed him of our sudden Friday night freedom, and he said - "great Chel. I'm super busy. You plan it - I'm up for whatever." I laughed, thinking of course I'm planning it. Brian's the dinner-and-a-movie type. I am NOT. Obviously, going bowling isn't the most wild n' crazy original idea either. But the 20 degree windy icy weather limited any outdoor activity, and we don't exactly live in the most lively night-life town. Plus, I actually really enjoy bowling, and it's not something that we can do when accompanied by our wild toddler.
I got a strike on my first try! Then the next 9 tries featured several gutter-balls. I have a consistency problem. But I ended up with a 90, which is really good for me! I think I've only broke 100 once in my life. Brian's much better - he got 137. Showoff.
What's bigger - the bowling ball, or my 20-week belly?? Quote from B: "Carrying this load around in front of you must make you really off-balance."

6 comments:

Jordan and Crystal said...

fun date...

Julie said...

Fun! I remember going bowling when I was pregnant with Boston and dang I was super sore afterwards...but you are cute and tiny and in shape so i'm sure all is well! :)

Malerie said...

That looks like tons of fun. Glad you guys got a night out by yourselves!

Amy Hunter said...

You two crack me up! So fun to see your belly shots!

The Moon's said...

love the belly shots! You look great Chelsea, I am so excited for your family. And way to go on a date night, they are so hard to come by, but so important

cameron said...

IT IS A TOSS UP BETWEEN YOU AND THE BALL... HA HA HA! i need to be more spontaneous.