Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Obamanation

I don't talk politics very often - in blogworld, nor realworld. I just see very little point in wasting my breath, especially living where I do - the reddest state in the nation, right? I read up on issues occasionally. I vote. That's about as into it as I get. Mom-life is a little too busy to do more. But I want to share this picture Brian texted me that he took at a local auto body shop:

You probably can't read the small writing, but it's pretty funny. And totally disrespectful towards our Commander-in-Chief, absolutely. But I'm not about to defend a man who has deleted the majority of his pre-election promises from his campaign websites because he failed to follow through with them. The list is disgustingly long.
Remember last summer when our busybusy President took the time to do a partisan stunt on Comedy Central? He must have gotten bored with spending all our money and taking his family on expensive trips.
Or how about his proposed new car standards that will end up killing an estimated 4,000 Americans every year... but why would he care about that, when he's ok with that many abortions being performed DAILY across the nation.
And then there's his flipflopping views on genocide: "Preventing a potential genocide in Iraq isn’t a good enough reason to keep U.S. forces there" - Obama on campaign trail. But later...."The international community has an obligation, even when it’s inconvenient, to act when genocide is occurring" - Obama now, wanting applause from the audience of the moment. Too bad he doesn't feel that way about the silent American genocide (ie, abortion).
The most ridiculous part is how often someone who doesn't like Obama is accused of being racist. Only if that person is white, of course...because you couldn't possible dislike an African American solely based on their poor choices and lack of integrity.
To be fair - every president does stupid things, flipflops, fails on campaign promises... maybe it just annoys me that this one spends one minute signing tobacco legislation and the next minute lighting up...
Maybe Hillary would've been better?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I honestly would like Obama if he would have put more thought into putting all the hardworking american into the billions (of more) debt than we already had. Also, this healthcare plan that he is dead set to pass is kind of putting a thorn in my side. But that is just me and my opinion. Glad I could share!

Unknown said...

Sorry if I offended you or any of your readers!

DeAnne said...

wish I had something intelligible to say...