Friday, March 5, 2010

"Ants on a Log"

You've all heard of it, right?
This was one of my most favorite snacks as a kid, so I thought I'd try it out on Brianna when her friend Emily came over to play.
Brianna's not a peanut butter fan at all, but she does eat celery and raisins, so I thought giving the whole concoction a cute name would get her to eat it (along with seeing her friend Emily try it - peer pressure can be very helpful). It worked - she liked it! Though, in the second picture, I think she's a little confused at Emily, who just licks the PB and raisins off, and wouldn't eat the apple skins. Brianna started copying, but I nipped that one fast. I don't wanna deal with weird eating habits from my kid - I have enough of my own. Smarty pants Emily does teach Brianna some good habits though - she was counting the "ants," telling me what color everything is, speaking in full correct sentences, and jumping with both feet off the ground! She's just 6 months older than Brianna - it's amazing what a difference those 6 months make! I'm hoping in these next 6 months Brianna will make a lot of progress in every area and we can squeeze in as much QT as possible - because then her two siblings arrive, and I will literally have my arms full!
Here's another picture of them having fun together:

6 comments:

Jules AF said...

I want some celery and peanut butter now.

Unknown said...

I had never heard of ants on a log before, but that is probably because my mother knew that I dislike (immensely) both peanut butter and raisins. But it does look like a fun "treat" for kids!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Awesomeness.

Debbie said...

Jenny went one better and REALLY served her kids ANTS! I think chocolate covered. Cute idea though and its great to humor them through good eating habits.

Malerie said...

I love that swing picture. What darling girls!

Jordan said...

I have missed out on a lot of posts....havent checked blog in two weeks! Looks like everything is going well! Love the pic of you and brian you look beautiful