Friday, March 19, 2010

Preg update: 18.5 weeks

Let's see, what's new.....








Yeah, that's about it.
NOT MUCH! That's probably something to be grateful for!
I haven't been to the doctor in 4 weeks because I asked if we could skip the bi-monthly visit during this less-eventful period in the pregnancy. Though it would've been nice to hear the heartbeats again, I'm glad to have a little break.
No aches/pains to report. Nothing major anyway. I've had a few "growing pains" - probably from ligaments loosening. That's why I stopped running at 27 weeks during my first pregnancy. But they're not that bad. And my teeth are kinda sensitive while I'm running outside. Weird huh - anyone else experience that?
Mid-section is expanding rapidly. I now look pregnant, especially if I'm wearing a snug shirt. If I'm wearing something baggy like a hoodie, people don't know I'm pregnant. At least no one did this morning. I was volunteering at Bountiful Baskets and at the end I mentioned to my group something about being pregnant and they were all like - "what?! You shouldn't have been lifting those boxes then! If we would've known we would've stopped you." Good thing I didn't tell them then. I don't like it when people try to police my physical activity levels. I'm not an idiot - I know what I can and can't do.
Still running everyday. Well, almost. 5-6 days/week. 30-40 min on weekdays, 60 on Saturdays. About the same speed as last month. Most mornings are on the treadmill, either due to bad weather or my morning laziness. It's tough getting a run in before Brian has to leave at 7:20. I can't believe I used to get up at 6 to run. That seems insane now. I like sleeping, even if I have to deal with occasional bad dreams. I don't know if I can blame them on pregnancy or not. I hesitate to do so because I don't wanna be one of those women that blames everything on pregnancy.
Still trying to focus on getting more protein. I'm doing a lot better - I add protein powder to my milk for cereal in the morning, and I've been doing crockpot soups with lentils and other beans. I also really like canned garbanzo beans and will snack on those, and hardboiled eggs - but just the white part. The yellow stuff tastes gross - Brianna won't even eat it. I also found some great chicken sales lately, which helps a lot. I add canned salmon or tuna to my salads, and I've even eaten some of the dead cow meat Brian's grandpa gives us. Usually I can't stomach that stuff - it's not very lean, so I feel like I spend forever cutting off the fat, or cleaning up the grease that the burger patties produce. Sounds delicious, huh? So there's more diet details than you ever cared to know. Don't criticize me for spending so much time blogging trivial facts - YOU'RE the one reading this ridiculously long post! :)
Weight gain - about 15 lbs, I think. I'm not used to it - every time I get on the scale at the gym I think it's broken. Then I see my reflection somewhere and realize it's actually being kind to me, cuz I look pretty thick.
Baby movements - not much. A few pokes that I am 97.8% sure were caused by baby B and/or C. Two nights ago I'm 99.2% sure I felt a series of hiccups.
I haven't done any baby prep in the house. I'm waiting until we find out the genders (on TUESDAY!!), then I'll be more serious about it. Maybe. Not really much I can do though. They're going to sleep in our room for the first while. So I need basinet(s) I guess. And diapers. Isn't everything else just a luxury? One luxury I reallyreally want is one of those sound machines. I already have a womb-bear, but it needs repair I think. I'll need a stroller eventually, and highchairs or boosters... and life would just be complete if I had Bumbos... but that's all wayyyy in the future. Just taking things one day at the time. And I'm rambling. I can blame my tendency to ramble on pregnancy, right?

2 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

hey so I just down loaded an app on my phone for a baby noise machine. Cost me 99 cents. I just make it so my phone doesn't ring and put it by the babe. It has all kinds of white noises and then the mothers heart beat, and the sound of their heart beat or whatever the heck they hear when in the womb. ITs pretty cool and handy. Just htought I'd pass that along!!

Unknown said...

I will admit that when I was pregnant with Addison, I didn't have scary dreams, but I did have a lot of dreams about the NBA basketball player Steve Nash (what?!?). Don't know if they were pregnancy related or because I couldn't sleep and watched WAY too much basketball!
Baby prep is too much work! For such tiny babies, they sure do require a LOT of stuff! I am very anxious for you to find out the sexes!