Thursday, March 4, 2010

Essential water skills

Brian decided it was about time Brianna learned to blow bubbles in the water. I've tried to teach her when we go swimming, but we don't get to go that often (hopefully that will change when the Cedar City Aquatic Center opens in May - less than 2 miles from our house!) and she usually just blows on top of the water, or puts her mouth under but inhales water instead of blowing out.
So my brave husband leaned over the tub and blew into the water each bathtime for several days. I thought it was a little gross - that water has soap/shampoo residue and who-knows-what-else in it. But it worked! Brianna loves blowing bubbles with her daddy now.

She also has learned to lay on her back - which hopefully will translate to floating.

ps - do you like my photo editing to keep her modest? I decided since she's two now that I will end the naked-photo-posting... ya know, since she might be President someday, and these could come back to embarrass her.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Youj're gonna love that aquatic center - hope they do a good job for the very littlest folks.

Unknown said...

I love bathtime. I think it is the funnest to see them have fun in the bath!

Unknown said...

this is fabulous. IT's also less scary then the big swimming pool. Brian's very brave.