Friday, March 12, 2010

Owie

Check out that bruiser under her eye. Poor kid. That's the hazards of playgroup... you never know when some 3 year old bully is going to lash out at your child with a sharp toy. That bully is lucky he's still alive - I was ready to send him to an eternal timeout. But I didn't wanna start something with his mom. Though I totally could've taken her too.
So now my widdle pwincess has an owie. I kissed it profusely, but it still took a long time to heal. In the meantime, I had to deal with many questioning eyes and suspicious inquiries. What, do I look like a child abuser?! Fine, maybe at certain points of the day when I'm makeup-less, wearing old running shirts, postworkout, rat's nest hair... and I'll be honest, when I've been outandabout and spotted a child looking like he's had a beating, often my first thought is that - he's had a beating. I glance the parent(s) up and down and consider calling DCFS. Kidding, but does anyone else kindasorta think that way too sometimes? OR - do YOU also know what I mean about feeling like you get interrogated about every minor injury your child incurs?!
Maybe I'll keep her bubble-wrapped all day long. Then her scratchless body will attest to my perfect parenting.

5 comments:

Jami & Mark said...

If you bubble wrap her......she will probably roll around all day laughing at all the popping noises she would make!!! Well, that's what I would do.....I love to pop that stuff!!

Unknown said...

I always think someone is looking at me when my kid goes out in public with bumps or bruises. At some point, people just have to realized that they are two years old. Those kinds of things happen! I think Brianna is rocking her widdle owie!!!

Michelle {Fun On a Dime} said...

lol Chelsea, we did fingerpaint a couple of nights before you invited us over! I would have come over, but I did want to spread the "love" of puking! =) Thanks for your comments. I especially loved step 4

Me and Lily said...

Don't let Brianna be around people anymore!

Julie said...

props to you! I'm not sure I could of held back my momma bear instincts!