Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Keep your pants on, Brianna

My favorite part of going to the gym is when I get to leave (haha - yours too?)
But not actually because I'm glad I'm done working out, but because Brianna is always SO excited to see me! She comes sprinting into my arms and does the best "tight hug" (as she calls it).
Today she was especially excited to see me because she had something important to tell me about - "Mommy, I went potty all by self." I confirmed this with the childcare worker (Amberlee - she's awesome. She actually enjoys being surrounded by a dozen crazy toddlers for hours and hours everyday) and Amberlee told me the story: Brianna had walked up to her, pulled her pants down, and said, "I need go potty now." If you're trying to picture the scene, imagine Brianna's bare bum. Because she refuses to wear both diapers and undies, so there's nothing under those pants that got pulled down to her ankles.
Usually the attendant comes to get me so I can help Brianna use the potty, but Amberlee was a little too shocked at Brianna's sudden exhibitionist move that she just hurried her into the little bathroom. They're not allowed to help the kids at all - not even with clothing - so Brianna had to manage the whole process solo.
Amberlee was a little shaken up by the experience. I think Brianna is a hoot (and I'm really glad we get a diaper-buying break for a few months!)

2 comments:

valmike said...

Surprise! Ha ha, I love that. I'm glad that she was able to do it and that you have people you can trust in there to help even when it's totally unexpected.

Unknown said...

Yay Brianna!!!