Monday, March 15, 2010

Hoping for froggy dreams

I'm having a serious DREAM problem. The past few nights have been horrible - I wake up with my heart POUNDING and I can't go back to sleep for hours, if I do at all. Last night it was about Brianna getting abducted at a mall by the creepiest guy, and it was so real, I was almost crying when I woke up. I went into her room just to confirm she was fine. I hate this! I've been praying everyday for the dreams to go away. I try to think happy thoughts. But the same scary images come back so vividly. I don't know what to do.

Related note: when Brian left thus morning, I stayed in bed. I was exhausted after such a horrid night. I asked him to get Brianna eating breakfast and playing with Legos, or whatever.
About 20 minutes after he was gone, I suddenly hear the Leap Frog theme song coming from the back bedroom. We don't have TV service, just a DVD/VCR player attached to a 25 yr old television. I got up to investigate, since of course Brianna couldn't have put a movie on by herself. But I walked in and there she was, sitting in front of the tube singing along to LeapFrog's catchy "the A says AH, the B says Buh, the C says..." I asked her how the movie got started. She looked at me and said, "I pessed the ty-angle mommy!" I guess she had seen me "press the triangle" to start her movies enough times that she figured it out! It was one of those wow, my kid can do and say that?! moments.

Maybe I'll watch this cheesy video all day and hope I dream about it instead.

13 comments:

Jules AF said...

ahh
I've heard pregnancy dreams are like that. Is that what you're attributing them to?

Unknown said...

I've been having crazy scary vivid dreams too. In one of them my mom and dad and grandpa died in some freak car accident. I had to call my mom and make sure she was okay. Most of them are about Emma getting hurt or stolen or something like that.

I blame it on the pregnancy, and I am praying that they go away soon!

Jordan and Crystal said...

yes i hate those dreams! They come and go for me. Good luck!

Julie said...

I think if you watch the leap frog video enough it will work - Boston watches this train dvd we have and i swear i dream about it every night lol drives me crazy! Here's to your leap frog dreams tho!

Unknown said...

Ohh, I hate those scary dreams. I always have them of Randy dying when he is away from home (which is all the time). I wouldn't wish them on anyone! I am so sorry that you are having them!!!
As for Brianna figuring out the DVD player, she is so stinking smart that I'm not surprised she has figured it out so quickly! I hope that you start dreaming nice froggy dreams soon!

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Hey, so I used to get horrid nightmares growing up, and sometimes still do. The ONLY thing that ever helped me was to sing hymns in my head. Just repeat them over and over. It works wonders to take your mind off of things and get back to sleep. Those kinds of nightmares are seriously scary...i know what you mean. It is so real...ugh. Anyway try the hymn, "Hum your favorite Hymn" Its a winner :)

Cassie said...

I have had the exact same problem. I have the weirdest dreams and can't go back to sleep for hours and toss and turn all night! I had a nightmare with Hallie in it too and woke up crying. Maybe its a second pregnancy thing ;)

Debbie said...

Maybe a little relaxing routine before bed - warm bath, warm milk, and warm thoughts (poems).

Brandon and Kim said...

I had a similar dream last night, but it was at church and they asked for all of the parents to come gets their kids out of nursery right away, when I went to get cici they told me that a pedafile was at the church and my daughter had been abused. I woke up in a panic all stressed out. The scary thing is I found out a sex offender lives in my ward just down the street, so now I am scared to go to church. Dreams can have such power over us.

And with the dvd player. today cici took the playstation remote and managed to get tinkerbell playing, these kids are too smart.

Unknown said...

she's a smartie. So sorry about the dreams, mine were alwaysa bout having twins, but you're already there. I hope scarey dreams go away soon.

Malerie said...

Yes! I have been having the same, awful, bizarre dreams! (Well not sure if they're the SAME, but definitely with the same results) Last night I was living in a house with lions, my baby nephew was in a very graphic, freak boating accident, and someone abducted Madeline during the night! That's a full night! I don't remember having these during my first pregnancy but it makes it awfully hard to get a good night's sleep!

Good luck.

About the bed rest, I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again. If it does, I'm going to have to rely on good friends and family to help because I don't want Madeline to suffer because her mom has to lay around all day. I bet you'll be fine. You're fit and healthy. I've had several friends with twins and they all went full term - no problem. I on the other hand seem to have a body that can't hold in a baby, so we'll see what happens! Matt applied to internships next year and he ranked Spokane and Salt Lake 1 and 2, so we have a pretty good chance of living by family come June which would help tremendously! Sorry for the long comment!

Pattersonfamilyof4 said...

I hope the dreams stop and the sweet ones roll in for some happy relaxing sleep. I had horrible dreams during Conner's pregnancy and one night woke up sobbing and hysterical. It took me until noon the next day to tell Brad what the dream was about.

Chris, Jessica, Mackenzie, & Alison said...

yuck...prego dreams are no fun. But I have to say as annoying as leap frog videos can be they really are amazing!!!! Its crazy how quickly the kiddos learn with those corny songs.