Thursday, February 11, 2010

30,000 feet to grounded

In case you're wondering what it was like....She climbs over seats, plays peekabo with nearby passengers {whether they want to or not}, pushes her daddy in the face, crys, shrieks, attempts escape into the isles, shows us her pouty face when we tell her to smile, and launches her mouse toy into the air just for the reactions.

I'm glad she's 2 now and costs full-fare, so I'm not tempted to do any more trips with her than necessary. I don't know how we survived the 12 (crazy - 12!) roundtrip flights she got in during her freebie days. Though we now have lots of frequent flier miles that are tempting me to get out again before the twins come and really put a hold on any kind of travel plans...

A funny: she now associates peanuts with getting on an airplane. Whenever she gets to eat peanuts for a snack, she'll often say, "I go airplane go see Nonny??"

5 comments:

Natalia said...

You're brave. I don't know how people do it. I've seen a lot of really well behaved kids on my many flights, but sometimes they just don't do well and I always feel bad for the moms who are trying so hard to get the kids to cooperate.

Natalia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

haha thats what i would expect from my daughter :) the other day on "Martha Speaks" (a kids cartoon) they gave all the dogs a sleeping pill just before getting on the plane... not sounding like such a bad idea!! :)

Unknown said...

I love the look on Brianna's face in the middle picture. What a little stinker {cute stinkser}. I don't know if I would dare attempt to fly with Addi until she is 18 and can buy her own ticket.

Debbie said...

You need to be nicer to Brianna. She never made that face with me when we were out "shopping, buying smoothies, and doing EXACTLY what SHE wanted to do."