Tuesday, February 2, 2010

McKell mountain rendevous

I don't know what's more lame: doing an extremely belated post, or not blogging about a fun event just because it's like 7 months after the fact.
I'll be on the safe side and post this:Last summer we spent a few days up in the mountains at a ranch with Brian's siblings and parents. I wouldn't call it a family reunion, since everyone wasn't there, but it was definitely the most fun McKell get-together we've ever had. Brianna loved running around outside all day, playing on the swings, seeing the horses, and going on the paddle boats in the "lake." I didn't take many pictures, but I did take a video of Jami and I going down the zipline and landing in the water - click here for that. It was a great location - my friend's family owns the property and rents it out. There was no phone coverage and electricity was limited, so I was "roughing it" about as much as I'm happy with. Call me prissy. I won't pretend to be an extremely outdoorsy person. Not for lengthy periods anyways. I like warm showers and sanitary conditions.
I'd love to go back to this place with my own family. I know they'd like it. I just don't wanna go this summer cuz I'll be too pregnant to go down the zipline without my parents reporting me to DCFS. And watching everyone else do it without me would be torture. Though I should probably get used to it. I've decided to be done doing races, and it's already driving me nuts to see local fun runs advertised. Anyways... I'm rambling. Back to catching up on belated posting...

3 comments:

valmike said...

What a great way to break the winter blues!

Unknown said...

I love family get togethers. Although, I do say the Morris family tends to have more fun together than my own family, but oh well.
Where is this place located? We are looking for a great place to have our next Morris get together.

chelsea mckell said...

Jen - I forgot to answer this earlier, sorry. It's located up Cedar Canyon, about an hour drive from Cedar City. Basically up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere :) If you want the contact info of the people that own the ranch, lemme know.