Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bloated or showing?

With my first pregnancy, I didn't even tell my coworkers that I was pregnant until I was 20 weeks along. I wore regular pants with the rubberband-trick for 10 weeks after that.
But now, at a mere 13 weeks... I had to wear my empire-waist temple dress today instead of my regular one. And I have banished all snug-fitting shirts because I don't have a cute little volleyball-sized bump poking out - I just look bloated.
Maybe this wouldn't have happened if I had been puking the last couple months like normal preggie girls, instead of feeling just fine. It's all downhill from here, folks. I'm going to go through my closet and take half of the items out and label them "clothes I reallyreally hope I'm wearing loosely a year from now."
I'm not taking/posting pictures of my "growth" - partially due to self-consciousness, and partially to the narcissistic nature of it. I might post a photo at the very end, just to blow your mind with my ginormity.
Somebody should warn Brianna that storytime will have to be done sitting side-by-side, because her younger siblings are gradually pushing her farther and farther off my lap.

5 comments:

DeAnne said...

Please do treat us to the picture of your "ginormity". That I would love to see :)

debbieandstevefamily said...

Hmmm - I bet we could hire someone to take pictures of you and maybe post them in one of those grocery check out magazines. Or you could just keep them private and blog yourself occassionally.

Unknown said...

Haha! I totally feel that same way and I'm only 8 weeks. I love pregnancy pictures. We need to see the continual growth with your belly.

Unknown said...

At 11 weeks with one baby, I'm bloated and my skinny jeans no longer fit. As soon as this nauseousness and throwing up junk is over I'm going to start working out again because I really don't want to have a baby belly before the baby is big enough to make my belly big!

jocelyn said...

i love seeing pregnancy pictures.