Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2 year update

Brianna had her official 2 year old checkup a few days ago. It's SO nice to only have to do these once a year now. I can't imagine what it's going to be like to take the twins to all those infant checkups... for all those shots... [shuddering]. But hopefully at least I'll be tougher. I bawled right along with Brianna the first few times they stuck needles in her. But at this appointment, I just told her she was going to have a shot and it was going to hurt but afterwards the nurse would give her a toy frog. She happily accepted the agreement initially, but then threw the frog down in protest after the painful injection. Apparently she didn't think it was a fair tradeoff.
Here are the official stats:


I don't know what the 803 number after the 28# is. I don't think it matters. She's at a healthy weight and length. According to babycenter's height predictor calculator, she'll be 5'9 at age 18. The doc struck up a conversation with Brianna and said she's way above normal in her speaking/cognitive ability. The only problems we have are that she never makes it through the night dry, and she has too much earwax. Any suggestions on how to get that out? The doc told me to do drops of peroxide/water in her ears. Brianna would love that as much as she loves immunizations.
The pediatrician left us saying, "I hope I don't see you here for another year!" Yeah, we hope so too!

4 comments:

DeAnne said...

how about just doing some peroxide soaked q-tips? Katelyn has a lot of wax too.

Jordan and Crystal said...

5'9 awesome! That is what i am. Arent you? I had so many ear problems when i was little..my parents thought I was deaf. I used to have to go to the ear doctor once a month to get me ears sucked....hated it

valmike said...

Jokes on him, you'll be back with 2 babies next time! : )

5'9". I'm all ready jealous and she's no where near 18!

chelsea mckell said...

DeAnne - that's a good idea!

Crystal - I'm 5'9 and 3/4'. A quarter of an inch away from 5'10. We had this discussion several times in highschool as I had to prove my superior height (though at the time I loathed it and would've glady handed you a couple inches).
Perhaps you didn't HEAR me telling you that! =)