Wednesday, February 3, 2010

From a previous lifetime...

I have felt a little urgency lately to do more organizing/de-junking/project completion. I still have 6 months left, but I have this paranoid fear that I'll be on bedrest at the end because I'll be so huge that if I stand upright gravity will put me into labor too early. Knock on wood. Warning: if that ever does happen and I am sedentary for any length of time, you'll want to avoid being near me; I'll be in a really bad mood.
Anyways... so in yesterday's organizational efforts, I began going through some boxes of "college stuff." I was able to throw away some items that make me shake my head in disgust at my own silliness for keeping so much pointless junk. Like a bottle of sand from each of my favorite beaches. How smart am I for lugging those around during the last 5 moves Brian and I have done?! I also had a lot of old classwork I kept....because.... I really don't know why. Because I spent countless hours on them? Because my posterity might care about my paper on the Krebs cycle or my articles that got published in the Ke'Alakai campus paper? I think not.
It feels SO good to have made that box 20 lbs lighter. I do have some sense of sentimental value... I kept a few things. Like the shoes I wore in every single one of my races at BYUH. Totally pointless to keep - they're disgustingly trashed. But when I see them I remember how I felt tying them in my special good-luck method at each starting line. And I kept these ID cards from campus and the PCC jobs that Brian and I had. These ID photos were taken in September 2003 - right when we first met and started dating and I began thinking of ways to make him go away so he didn't try to get me go back to Utah with him. Obviously I eventually gave in.
Anyways... thankyou for reading my self-indulgent trip down memory lane.
I'll try to stay on task from now on and do Brianna and twin-related posts only.


After I post a few more fun pictures from dating days.Good. times.

3 comments:

Malerie said...

I had so much fun looking at your pictures. What a cute couple :)

Sam and Melissa said...

I loved this post. It's hard to believe that we spent years there, time flies by so fast. If only you had a picture of me dumping water on you when Brian dropped you off at night.... you are such a good sport. I can't believe you laughed about it instead of beating me up :)

Julie said...

I found me!! oh I so remember that day haha...lonely ol' me waiting for my missionary - thanks for letting me hang with you guys!! :)

Man those pictures bring back lots of memories of Hawaii (even though i wasn't there there for all of them but I was there hahaha!!)