Friday, February 12, 2010

Last Spokane trip

Well, until Christmas, probably. We went there last month for a couple weeks (didn't mean to stay that long - but Orbitz tried to send me to Paris instead of Cedar. Close, Orbitz, real close). I did a few posts about it - Mere doing my hair, Brianna and Lily hanging out, movie review, a semi-sappy HOME tribute, Brianna and Papa sharing apples, Brianna and the Chipmunks, the mountain of clothes I gave Lily.... okay, I did a lot of posts about the trip. What's new.
Here's the rest of it:We celebrated Meredith's birthday. I kept thinking it was her 22nd birthday but she insists she's 24. I'm still pretty sure I'm right.
She got a makeover and starter kit from Bare Escentuals (I didn't spell that wrong - they did) and I tried to entertain Brianna in Nordstroms for an hour. Not easy. I did discover that she really loves makeup and kinda knows how certain items are used. Like lipstick - obviously meant for the chin area. And mirrors are for squishing your face against.
Mere also had a Coldstone birthday cake. My family is so weird - they'll go spend $30 on a tiny gourmet cake, everyone will have a small sliver of it, then the rest goes in the freezer until eventually it gets thrown away. I question whether I actually share their bloodlines.Another ski trip. I love Mt. Spokane. Really - even better than all the Utah slopes I've tried. Sentimentality/nostalgia plays a huge part in that, obviously... but also trips like ours, where the sky was clear, the sun was out, and I never saw more than 2 other skiers on my hill at the same time as me. Brian boarded - which meant we waited a lot. Not that he's slow - it's just that snowboarders have to stop before and after each chair lift to detach and reattach their board. So annoying.
Swimming at the Y. I'm beyond-words jealous of my parent's YMCA just a few minutes from their house. It has everything. I loved attending classes everyday. The cardio machines were great. The pool was awesome. Only Vernal's Rec Center can compare (actually, Vernal's is still way better, because it was walking distance and had super awesome childcare employees, whereas one of the childcare employees at North Spokane's Y is evil). My sister Sammy walks the pool twice a week for water therapy. Meredith usually gets to take her. Just another reason I wish I lived near them. Brianna got to swim almost everyday while we were there - only thanks to Nonny. My dad took her once, and came home saying, "I am never taking her swimming again." Why the poopy attitude, you ask? Hint: the choice of background color for the swimming collage above was no accident. =) I think she gets too much fiber.

On that classy and tasteful note, I'll end.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The YMCA looks awesome! I wish we had something like that here! Can't wait to try it out on our next trip to Spokane! :)

Debbie said...

We wanted yoto stay longer. Ever wonder HOW that whole Paris thing HAPPENED?

benandana said...

Hi CHelsea! We just joined the YMCA and I was thinking of leaving Isabella at the childcare if ever Ben is not home to stay with her. Did you have a bad experience there? Who's the worker you're talking about and what time did you take Brianna? I still want to take pictures of your twins! Here is my new website if you want to see some cute newborn babies to inspire you:
www.anahopkinsphotography.com
Thanks!