Friday, February 5, 2010

A week of Brianna moments

Whenever Brianna does anything I deem cute/funny/gross/smart/silly/weird or otherwise noteworthy, I always tell myself I should write that down. Then I don't and I forget it and sit there thinking, "what was that thing she did I was going to tell Brian about and put on the blog?!?!" So this past week I've kept a post in draft mode and just added a couple things each day that I want to remember:
1/28 - I asked Brianna if she wanted to go swimming. She looked confused and said, "where's Papa?? Where's Nonny??" (she went swimming with them in Spokane a couple weeks ago and must think THEY are her swimming buddies, not me).
-Fortunately at the pool I had her in a tight swim diaper... because, as she ALWAYS (not exaggerating) does - she defecated. Big time. I think all the kicking and running gets her bowels going.
- We walked by a picture of my mom on the wall and she pointed to it and said, "Nonny friend."
1/30 - We were in Spanish Fork at Brian's parent's condo. Brianna was playing with her cousin Ali with a baby cradle. Brianna started singing, "rock-a-bye baaabbyyy...rock-a-bye baaaabbyyy..." I have no idea how she learned that tune.
1/31 - Brian and I gave talks in sacrament meeting. We didn't wanna risk ruining the spirit by having Brianna there to yell out, "MY MOMMY!" So we had our neighbors, Tom and Debra, have her at their house. When I went to go pick her up for Nursery, I found out they had taken her to Walmart and bought her an Elmo toy. I don't know if they know we don't shop on Sunday... but now Brianna says, "no church - I go shopping!" =P
2/2 - I asked Brianna how many babies she wants. She said two, but held up all five fingers. I asked her how old she would be on her birthday this weekend, and she again said TWO, but held up all five fingers. Ok, now it's not sounding as funny as it was when it happened. Had to be there, I guess.
2/3 - Brian had a basketball game at church. Brianna really wanted to go, but it didn't start until 8pm. Call me an uptight child-sleep-nazi, but bedtimes are somewhat inflexible. But Brianna kept asking, saying, "I go see Daddy play soccerball!" I corrected her, but she insisted that it was soccerball, not basketball.
2/4 - As Brianna and I were leaving the grocery store, she ran up to the large Dumbo pay-to-ride kid's machine and yelled out, "Mommy, give me MONEY!" She must have seen some other kid do this before, because I certainly have never forfeited my quarters for those yucky outdated lame rides! I told her, "we can go home and you can do chores to earn money and pay for your own ride. She said, "yeah" with a blank stare, but just stayed on there waiting for money to magically appear from me.
- Brianna's behavior during prayers is hit-and-miss. Sometimes she will sit still with her arms folded and head bowed the whole time, and other times she ignores us. Lately she has started repeating what we say as we say it. So tonight, out of the blue Brian asked Brianna, "do YOU want to say the family prayer tonight?" I looked at him like - "do you realize you are speaking to a baby?" But Brianna said, "yeah." Then folded her little arms, bowed her little head, and started off with "Deah Henvey Fadder, tank you foh dis daaayyyy...." and the rest was a little unintelligible. I caught a few words - daddy, sleep well, safety, house, Jesus - she kept going on and on, so I finally prodded her with "in the name of..." and she ended it with a resounding AMEN! Then started singing her usual goodnight song and walked towards her bed. I was almost in tears. Proud mommy moment.
2/5 I was babysitting the neighbor kids and my friend Michelle was over with her kids. So there was a 5 yr old, two 3 yr olds, two 2 yr olds, and a baby... all in my tiny 1200 sq ft house. Brianna wasn't accustomed to all the commotion and chaos. She's used to being the center of attention in a relatively calm environment 99% of the time. But she found a way to GET that attention... I didn't notice her leave the room, nor did I notice her at all until I hear one little boy yelling, "she's NAKED!" and I look over to see Brianna literally running around all the kids, totally in her birthday suit. Maybe she doesn't realize her birthday isn't for a couple more days still.

3 comments:

Malerie said...

Haha. You're so good for writing these down.I got a good laugh. Brianna sounds perfectly two- smart and sassy. We can relate at our house! :)

DeAnne said...

I loved this post. I totally LOL'd at the shopping one. Oh and I loved the prayer too. So great :)

Unknown said...

That little girl is seriously so funny! I love the prayer and her saying she wants two/five babies.