Saturday, July 24, 2010

The suckiest vacuum ever

I never imagined I'd be so INTO something like vacuums. I'm as obsessed about having a clean house as I used to be about doing all my running drills. So when we upgraded to our Dyson from a cheap old Bissell a few months ago, I thought I had arrived. It sucked. We filled the canister several times just in the first cleaning. And I loved the other features on it too. But sadly, my poor Dyson was put to shame last week when I was coerced by a good friend into having a Rainbow vacuum presentation at our house. I reallyreally didn't want to do it. I hate sales presentations. Brian hates them even more, and was upset with me for agreeing to it. But our friends had to get ten friends to listen to the presentation so they could earn their Rainbow. So I agreed - just to help them out, and also to get my house well vacuumed for free. Little did I know I'd fall in lust with this contraption:
IwantitIwantitIwantit. Not bad enough to pay the $2200 of course, but enough to blog about how bad I want it. It's just amazing! It has a hundred features and can do absolutely everything you'd ever want, short of creating world peace. If you haven't tried it - DON'T. It's like those dang Twilight books & movies - you get sucked in and want more  (get it - I'm being all witty with the heteronym SUCK, and I think I'm really cool for doing it).  *sigh*  So until someday when Brian is CEO of Enterprise and we're making bazillions and I can buy this dream machine, I'll be satisfied with our overpriced Dyson and it's lame attempt at sucking.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

did my last comment on the rainbow come?

Ash said...

lol, we had a presentation too. I also totally love it, but the price (on the wallet or the cost of friendships) wasn't worth it. Jason's family almost all have them and earned them (aka FREE), but I couldn't risk it.

Sally Jackson said...

Chelsea--I have a thing for vacuums, too, and dream of the day we can afford some super-powerful bling-bling vacuum like this. You are not alone.

Melissa said...

Wow...sounds like a pretty sweet vacuum. We recently bought a Dyson and I totally love it! I better not go to one of these shows. :)

Unknown said...

My friend has a rainbow and I agree with you. They tend to put all other vacuums to shame. I am sad that you bought a dyson and don't care for it. I have been trying to talk my husband into upgrading our 1970's vacuum to a dyson. Now, maybe I'll stop.