Sunday, July 4, 2010

Like father, like daughter

Those that know Brian are aware that he has an interesting vocabulary at times. I'd blame it on his Utah-ness, but I think it's just him.
And it's starting to rub off on our little princess. 
This weekend we asked her if she wanted to go to St. George and play in the splash park. She replied, "BOO-YAH!"
After playing at the park for an hour or so, she was ready to go. So she grabbed my leg and whispered to me, "mommy, I ready to bounce."
Then as we were leaving the splash park, she turns around to everyone there and yells, "PEACE OUT!"

And what wonderful vocabulary has she learned from her mother? Yesterday she frantically began brushing crumbs off her dress and I heard her mumble, "dang it, I got crap on my dress."

Parents of the year, right here!  Just wait - soon she'll be proficient in Utahnish, with sub-swear words like flippin/fetchin/frickin in her vocabulary.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

So hilarious Chelsea! She cracks me up. I love that you post this stuff, because it's what makes our day's as Mothers great!

LaddandKatieMarshall said...

So funny--I had my primary kid say boo-yah yesterday--it made me laugh, but not as much as this post.

You're almost there!!!!

Jordan and Crystal said...

that is tooo funny...now catch it on video

Unknown said...

She is the funniest! I love that she told everyone "Peace Out!". Too cute!

the Gardners said...

Too funny!

Ashley said...

That is really funny, I sometimes say to John....just chillin like a villain. I have only heard Brian say that, but I am sure that he picked it up somewhere. It is funny the things that kids say. Alli has picked up on a few of my phrases that I am not to proud of.

Hope you are feeling well, maybe you will have the twins on my birthday. That would be fun or Landons' is the 26th.

Amy Hunter said...

This was so funny, I had to read it to Eric. I want a daughter like Brianna so frickin bad!!!

Julie said...

so does she say "scared" like "scerred"... for example... i'm not scerred to do that mommy. lol i would not be surprised since that is b launguage i even learned! haha...so funny that she is saying booyah and peace out and let's bounce hahahaha!!

Malerie said...

Haha. That's hilarious!

valmike said...

This post seriously made me laugh! I can only imagine how funny that was in person. I think you were right innaming her a girly version of Brian. She's his little girly clone!