Friday, July 23, 2010

I made bows...

...with a LOT of help. Crafty stuff like this doesn't come naturally/easily to me. At all. This isn't false modesty (I hate when people do self-deprecating junk like that - either in a manipulative compliment-phishing scheme, or an awkwardly desperate attempt to NOT appear self-righteous)  I really just can't see a pile of ribbon like this:
And think I could turn it into a pile of bows like this:
Not great photos, but you get the idea. I'm excited, because throwing on these little bows is so quick and easy, and can really up a kid's cuteness level. But I hate buying them, because we lose them so easily. If Brianna decides she's done wearing it, she simply takes it off - whether we're at the park, church, strollering, etc. So if I don't notice, it's gone forevah. But these are so cheap and easy, it's not a big deal if she loses them. I didn't even pay for the ribbons - they're gift wrap ribbons I've saved in my stash of gift wrapping materials, dating as far back as our wedding!

As you can see, Brianna wanted to model all the hairbows. At once. Then all the headbands, which we took out to get ready for her baby sister. But hopefully the new little princess is born with at least a little hair, so we can clip on bows to match her big sister.

Or maybe I'll be so overwhelmed and sleep deprived that my children will be lucky to fed and clothed. Forget cute.

Yay for girly stuff!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that is awesome that you learned how to make bows. I must admit that I have paid WAY too much for the ones that go in Addison's hair.