Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thoroughly showered

I feel very loved.
Here are photos from two baby showers we've had:
My good friend/neighbor/VT Cindy hosted this one here in Cedar. She happens to be a professional cake decorator! The one she made for us looked too cute to eat. Heather, my friend/neighbor/VTee did some fun/cute/cheesy games. All my friends were super generous with gifts. Sally even made me a mei tai in blue Hawaiian fabric so Brian would think it was manly enough to wear! Shanalee brought her adorable one year old boy-girl twins. I'm kindof obsessed with them. Amy brought her 3-yr old girl twins, and a frozen dinner meal for me - she knows what we'll need! It's amazing how many mom-of-twin friends I've made.I had so much fun hanging out there with the friends I've made over these past 12 months we've lived in Cedar City.

This next one was in May in Spanish Fork. Brian's mom and sister hosted it. I wish I had brought my camera or asked someone to take pictures. These are just a few that Ashley happened to take, but she was busy with her own kids so we don't have very many. In fact, I'm not even IN any of the pictures she took! That's fine with me though. Explanation on the birthday cakes: Barbara made the baby shower double as a birthday party for Brian, Jami, and Brenda. Top middle: Brianna's cousin Sara. Top right: JULES! Also pregnant! Love that girl. She's one of those people that I reallyreally genuinely miss living close to and regularly hanging out with. Below her: Amara Doxey. Middle: cousin Allison and Brianna testing out our new carseats Barbara gave us. Both bottom photos:  McKell relatives/friends I don't really know. I wish I had pictures of the other guests, like my superstar runner friend Maggie, my friend Mandy who has adorable adopted twin girls and is pregnant with a miracle baby, Aunt Marilyn, Aunt Paula....  yeah, I need to be better about bringing my camera! Again, everyone was superduper generous.
If you happen to be one of the fabulous people who were there at the showers or who sent a gift - THANKYOUTHANKYOU!! I wasn't great about sending out thankyou cards. I lost the list of who gave what gift, so I just went off memory. And my memory sucks. So I seek your forgiveness if I didn't appropriately bestow my gratitude. There's no way I'd feel as prepared as I do for these babies without the generosity and support of all our neighbors and friends and relatives. I hope they all realize how grateful we are.

1 comment:

Julie said...

hahaha wow I was caught in a picture! :) I really really miss you guys too! boo that you moved to cedar hahahahaha!!! for real though. come back! I can't wait to meet your twins - very very soon in fact! next trip to st. george you guys are on TOP LIST for shizzle.