Thursday, February 12, 2009

Stats

Brianna had her 12 month checkup yesterday at DinosaurLand Pediatrics:

weight = 21 lb 11 oz (55th percentile)

height = 30 inches (75th percentile)


head circumference = 93rd percentile

So Brianna has a big head - wouldn't you if you were her?!

I was shocked when I heard the weight - she's been in the high 80s and 90s her whole life - now she's just mid-pack! It must have something to do with the fact that more food ends up on the floor than in her mouth. And all the calories she burns on our treadmill (not kidding - she climbs on and off it all day).
Oh well. So I have a totally average baby - there are worse things that can happen, right?! ha. Dr. Gousche explained something counterintuitive: unlike adults who grow according to how they eat, babies and toddlers eat according to how they grow. So Brianna must be in a little plateau. I wish she'd have a growth spurt so she'd sleep in longer than 5:45am.
Brian came to her checkup for the first time. I wanted him to witness how much she enjoys the immunizations. Needless to say, he now understands why I dread these appointments. No more til 15 months - whoohoo!

9 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

I can't believe how fast time flies. She really can't be this old!!! I think she is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. I'm not just saying that either.

Malerie said...

I'm jealous - Brianna can sit in a forward-facing carseat. I have been shoving food in Madeline so we can get there, but we're still a couple pounds off! I did notice in the cute valentine's picture that Brianna seems to be slimming down. She sure is a cutie.

Unknown said...

She is just so darn cute! I love that little smile of hers! We missed you at the Valentine's Day party!
Brianna is a tall little girl. I think Addison just barely hit 32 inches and she has a good 7 months on Brianna!

Mandy said...

I think the slimming down probably has to do with being more mobil! She sure is cute!!

Ya, my girls have been VERY slow going and they eat hardly anything! (they haven't had a huge growth spurt in a while, but I had a dream last night that Eden was a whole head taller than Abigail . . . wierd!!)

Crystal and Jordan said...

she is super cute...hair getting long...big head....ummmm she will be a smarty!!!

Crystal and Jordan said...

she is super cute...hair getting long...big head....ummmm she will be a smarty!!!

Marilyn said...

Yes, Grandpa did receive the pictures. I was there when he went to his mail box and pulled out the envelope. He was thrilled to get them.
I bet that Brianna will be tall and slim like her mom.

Debbie said...

The Smith sie of Brianna's family tree have bigger heads - hmmm...

Melissa said...

Hey Chelsea! Its Melissa Smith (Gibby) I just sent you an invite to our blog so check it out sometime. Its fun to catch up with you and your cute family! Your little girl is just adorable!!