Friday, February 27, 2009

Running ladies


These are a few of my ladies!
My running buds, that is.
I went to a baby shower last Saturday and didn't even know they'd all be there. Pleasant surprise.
Devra in the center was the mother-of-honor. Her BYU track and XC days were well before mine, yet I'm closer with her than most of the girls from my years. Same with Maggie (wearing hat). Lisa is next to her - she's got a baby girl coming in about 13 weeks. Maggie is 33 weeks along with her first girl. Devra's due in 2 weeks - also a girl! Annika (in pink) has a daughter as well. So we will be replenishing the BYU women's distance running team! Kristen (center) is the only single lady - she's a teacher now. To give you an idea of the speediness of these girls: all of them ran sub-17 minute 5Ks, sub-5min miles, and those who've marathoned did so in under 3 hrs... in their prime. Crazy, I know. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. But now we've all moved on to more important running.... running after kids!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like fun!

Yeah mastitis was awful! I am still nursing Grace, but I am weaning her because I still get too much pain after I feed her :( At least I made it to 11 months!
In those pictures of Grace she was wiped out..super tired, very glad to be out of the waiting room and starving (they wouldn't let me feed her all day, it was torture). The rest of the week she screamed at anyone who tried to touch her (temp, bp, etc.)! haha we are glad its over and she is healthy again!

Chris, Jessica, Mackenzie, & Alison said...

Those are some amazing girls! How fun to be able to get together with everyone! You'll have to tell Lisa congrats for us...we really miss all of you guys!

Sam and Melissa said...

Geez that's nuts that there are that many former BYU runners in Vernal! Hey I wanted to ask you... back when you went on a cruise I think you mentioned a travel agent- could you give me her phone number? I want to go on one and need someone to find me one for cheap! How much did you get yours for? Thanks! Melissa

Debbie said...

Wonderful to stay close to buddies through the years.

Mandy said...

Wow, that's great that you have close friends that you have so much in common with! :)

Can I just say, I LOVE that you post something on here every day!! I don't get on and read every day, but I love playing catch up (as I just have!) You always have such interesting things to read about! I only talk about my girls on my blog. . . oh well, at least I enjoy writing about them! :)