Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Biblioteca de Vernal

We've been really lucky this past year to live walking distance from the Vernal library.







Sadly, our new house will be a 6 minute drive (that's a long ways in Vernal-world).

But we will still come regularly because Brianna really has a fun time here.
They do a good job with storytime for the kids.
I wish it was more often though - I'm guessing bigger cities probably have it everyday multiple times.
But we go twice a week, now that Brianna is old enough to enjoy it.
She doesn't really behave herself... wandering around, stealing kid's toys and snacks, walking right up to the storyteller and blocking everyone's views... but they mostly laugh at her. Though the librarians DON'T laugh when she pulls out every book on the shelf.
I don't know why they're so uptight - I would think they'd enjoy cleaning up after the many children wandering around pulling books off shelves.



At this particular storytime activity, the kids were given flashlights to go on a "bear hunt."
Brianna must've though the bear was in her mouth because that's where the flashlight went most of the time
(and yes - she is still wearing her jammies. Don't judge me).


The title of this post is a tribute to one of our favorite activities here - Spanish storytime! Que divertido.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love your Valentine with Brianna as the star! It is so cute. I like libraries as well. I get almost all my reading material by choosing what I want on the internet and then picking up the books when the library phones. If it makes you feeel better, our Draper library is the ugliest building I have ever seen!!

blm_mckell said...

That is great that you get to go to the library. I took the kids all the time while we were in Idaho and a few times here in Spanish Fork. With them all in school I haven't been lately. Soon I plan on taking Kandalyn. I think she will love it.

Allison said...

I LOVE the valentine picture up top! So cute. And hurray for the library. That's what I'm excited about doing with my kiddos. I've been a frequenter of the library most of my life.

Debbie said...

NONE of the other kids are wearing their jammies!