Monday, February 16, 2009

Byebye baby clothes



We finally did it - Brianna's baby clothes are GONE. Everything 0-12 months has been handed over to Tia - my brother Dave's wife's sister. I know I'm crazy for not keeping at least some of it... but practicality won over sentimentality. Think about it... if our next baby is a boy, it would be years and years - if EVER - that these clothes were worn again! That would be a tragedy - especially with how dang cute most of it is - and the enormous quantity. These pics hardly do it justice - this bag is STUFFED tightly full - there's gotta be hundreds of items in there. The craziest part - I didn't purchase ANY of it! All were gifts or hand-me-downs! I feel super lucky for that. We still haven't bought a single clothing item for Brianna, believeitornot. I get tempted whenever I pass the baby clothes at a store - especially the clearance racks - but I just remind myself that I don't have enough hangers for the collection we already have. We're set til she's about 2, I think - depending on how big she gets.


I have to write about Tia's visit - because I think it's the most extended period of happiness I've ever seen Brianna in. They were at our (bare) home in Provo picking up the clothes and just hanging out for almost 2 hours with their 3 kids. Teagan and Brody (ages 4 and 2) were like energizer bunnies on sugar highs - running around our empty house like it was Chuck E Cheese's. Their sweet baby Kamryn (3 mo) just hung out in her car seat - never peeping an unhappy sound the entire time. Brianna's eyes were huge with excitement - and stayed bugged out like that the whole time as the boys played with her - chasing, throwing things, stair-climbing, etc. Honestly, it was just amazing to me to see her actually interacting with older kids so well! Occasionally she would run to me for a hug (like I was "base," remember that?!), but then go back out into the battle zone with the boys. I think they helped her toughen up - ie: not cry after falls. I took these pictures the end (after a serious corralling effort - including luring Brianna in with a bottle). Brian says this means Brianna needs siblings. I say we just need to have our friends over more often!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so lucky that you haven't had to buy anything for Brianna. For such tiny clothes, they sure can be expensive!!! (Especially if you're like me and you can't pass anything up!) I thought for sure I was set for Addison and then she got to be about 6 months old and I ran out of clothes for her to wear!

Julie said...

I haven't HAD to buy any clothes for Boston either!! however I am not as strong as you and buy something for him now and then (I think we have only bought 3 or 4 outfits) I always am thanking my lucky stars for my kind sisters that passed on loads and loads of clothes to me. I have started packing them away as well and awaiting for the next sibling in my family to have a baby and off they will go! I agree with you - practicality over sentimentaliy...however I did keep the outfit I brought Boston home in. :)

Frasier Family said...

So smart. I had saved everything of Wyatt's and gave it to Sally for Smith. She called me laughing about one hour later. As she pulled the pants out of the box she noticed a funny crackling sound. The elastic had disenigrated in all of the pants and they were all useless. I cried! They were all so cute and I could remeber Wyatt in everything. So it is good that someone can use them. Then you can hope for hand me downs to come your way again!

Jill

Tia Langston said...

We had tons of fun! Thanks for letting us crash at your house FOREVER! It wore our boys out too. And....thank you-thank you for the clothes!!! Yah!!! We love naked baby bums...but clothed children are nice as well.

Unknown said...

I love to declutter and I think it's great that you didn't have to buy anything either, people can't resist buying things for girls. My girls love playing with older kids too, and the older kids like to be the entertainers.