Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Too bad we're not having quadruplets...

...because we have enough clothes for twice as many babies as we're having! These pictures are just part of the stash. I spent one afternoon sorting everything by size and gender and decided to capture the insanity:
Those boxes are all full and I scored some great storage bins at a yard sale to keep all this organized. Seriously - huge THANKYOU to everyone who has been so generous with us! These are all hand-me-downs and gifts and leftovers from the two recent free swap meets I've put on. Not one item has a stain or even looks used. We're so lucky! We only have a few twin-matchy outfits, but that's ok - I'm guessing I'm not really going to care about getting them dressed up in coordinating duds. The goal will be to keep them alive and happy. As soon as they grow out of each size, I'm giving it all away again to someone else in need, like I did with Brianna's clothes (til I found out I was pregnant). I don't believe in keeping too-small clothes around - it just takes up space and you risk it getting weather/age/moth damaged. If we do have any more kids (which, right now I'm saying we will - like in 3-4 years before I hit the dreaded 30, but we'll see what I'm saying when I'm in the thick of chaotic childcare!) it's not hard to find great deals on baby clothes. There's yard sales, thrift stores, consignment, and others like me who want to just give away unneeded clothing!
Brian says we're not doing our part to help the economy. I remind him of the bazillion other items we CAN'T get free or buy used/tax-free... thousands of diapers, for instance. And the detergent to wash all these clothes... and then he's ok with my resourceful acquisition of baby clothes.
Seeing all these clothes (I'm using the word clothes a lot, I know, but there aren't a lot of synonyms) and organizing them was a real wake-up call for me (and Brian and Brianna - who is starting to understand there's little people on the way).  We only have about FIVE weeks left!  Then we get to actually dress two little dolls!

8 comments:

Veronica said...

I need to call you still. So sorry! I think of you often and hope the pregnancy continues to go well.

Debbie said...

Did the "fresh or free" days have anything to do with this?

chelsea mckell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chelsea mckell said...

Veronica - I totally understand! You've got your hands full (literally). I bet I'll be MIA for the first YEAR of my twins!
Mom - I'm sure those FoF runs had a deep, subconscious impact on me that will forever influence how I consume.

Unknown said...

I think that is so awesome that you got all of your baby clothes for free. Where are your friends when I need them? I am so excited to see pictures of your new little arrivals!

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

What, is there something WRONG with being 30 (or older???) Sheesh. I guess I can't be your friend anymore....

chelsea mckell said...

Oh Lisa... I knew I might offend my over-30 childbearing friends... but it's just my own little goal of having the pregnancies done by 30 - simply because I know I won't be in as good of shape as YOU at thirty, so I gotta hurry before I fall apart! Unless you'll share the secret to looking 20 when you're actually 30....

Jordan and Crystal said...

awesome score on clothes...Yes I am all about free clothes or deals....My goal is 30 but I am think it might have to be 32 i guess we will see.