Thursday, June 3, 2010

New ride, part 2

I think the last time I used that title, I was talking about our minivan (which turned out to be everything I thought it would be - extremely convenient and extremely uneconomical). But this time I'm talking about our new double stroller:
Sweet huh! It's the Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem II Stroller, Tangerine. The ridiculously long name makes it even cooler, right? It finally arrived, nearly two months after the contest we won ended. We were beginning to think we had wasted our time and embarrassed ourselves harassing our friends to vote for us everyday for the whole month of April. But it ended up being worth all those shameless pleas for help! I love it. I love the wheels. I love the waterbottle holders. I love the brakes. I love the straps. I love the 5 different position options. It kindof blows me away that I actually own something this high-quality. Sad, I know - but I'm quite used to being content with hand-me-downs and yard sale finds. Having the Cadillac of double strollers is almost uncomfortable. But I'll just have to get used to it :) Great timing - Brianna's old jogging stroller that I've put approximately a billion miles on (just walking - I don't actually jog/run with jogging strollers) just DIED. The tires blew. So instead of paying to fix them, we're having Brianna break in the new double stroller, solo. She loves it. We love it. The unborn babies will love it....(they BETTER! Just watch - after all this hoopla and Brian spending 2 hours assembling the dang thing, they'll totally reject it!)

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

The stroller looks awesome! I hope you are feeling OK. You are looking at weeks instead of many months til the big event.

Julie said...

sweet stroller! glad the contest people finally pulled through - yay for winning free stuff! :)

Melissa said...

We have this stroller and LOVE it! The kids love facing each other but when they start fighting I can turn one around. :) Thats sweet you got it for free!!