Thursday, June 17, 2010

"New" glidder/rocker!

Not a great pic - cell phone - sorry - but you get the idea.
I made (meaning my friend Michelle made) a new cover and added padding and arm rests to a rocker we got from the swap meet! We exchanged our dog-care services for a week for her glidder-fixing services. Very worth the trade (though it did reinforce my resolution not to own a dog until my kids can help take care of it. It's a lot of work - almost like having another child!) The fabric used to hang in my mom's back doorway in Hawaii as a curtain! I'm in love with it. Can't wait to sit in it to nurse and rock my babies. Michelle is awesome - she has a blog: funonadime.blogspot.com - where she posts other fun and crafty things she does. Brianna gets to start going to her house soon for preschool! And while she's gone I'll be hanging out on my new pretty chair.

4 comments:

Malerie said...

That is going to be SO nice! What a talented friend. Time is going pretty fast. Those cute babies are going to be here in no time! Can't wait to see them :)

Sally Jackson said...

I always LOVE catching up on your blog. You make me laugh! I would comment on all the last 10 posts but it is 2am and I need to go back to bed. xoxoxox

Debbie said...

Cute

Julie said...

ummm totally cute - i love it! :)