Friday, June 18, 2010

If you haven't noticed, I'm sorta obsessed with collages.

I just wish I was better at making them. I don't exactly have the "right-brain" creative skills. It takes me forever to put these together. Like the new header collage picture above. Be honest - cute, or a little overboard?
This one below I made and framed as an 8x10 for my Dad for Father's Day:
I had Meredith pick it up at Walgreens in Spokane, and she loved it. Meredith doesn't lie to me about her opinions regarding anything I do - if it was dumb/ugly, she'd flat-out tell me. I love people like that.
I actually had it printed as an 8x10 for free - and the header collage too. I love the emails I get that tell me when online deals come up. Though I'll probably cut those out soon, as part of my mission to simply my life as much as possible and eliminate everything unnecessary... except for blogging :)

9 comments:

Megan Smith said...

I vote yes on both--as in that I like the collage/ love the 8x10. All I can think from the header collage is that these babies are going to be super cute when they come out!

Megan Smith said...

One thought on the header..because I know my vote counts so much. Anyway, I think you should keep it but you need to make one of Brianna's pictures bigger as well. Maybe toward the top left of the collage. I like how Brian and your large photos are right next to eachother. I've been thinking about this all day (joking).

Jordan and Crystal said...

yes i love free walgreens pics...i do them too! I am sure it will be an adjustment for brianna to not have as much time with you but she can take on the roll as the helper...you know get the diaper etc...so she feels needed! I am so excited to see pics of the little ones....okay your probably more excited....Hope everything else is going well!

BBS said...

Wow--I usually use my blog reader to check up on your blog...so I am glad you posted to send me to your header...very fun! I can't imagine doing it, looks hard.
I love your Fathers Day gift --beautifully done!

Debbie said...

Thoughtful gift - Dad really like it - me too!

LaddandKatieMarshall said...

That's such a good idea--looks great.

chelsea mckell said...

Ok, hope you're happy, MEGAN SMITH - I re-did the header. Just for you.
:)

summer said...

I love that Father's Day gift! I should do something like that ---- however, I have yet to figure out collages except through Snapfish and Shutterfly...I suppose those would work as well, but I'd love to use picassa...isn't it linked up to our blogs somehow through google?

chelsea mckell said...

Summer - I don't really know Picasa that well. I know how to make collages. I don't know how to sync it with anything. I know it does collages MUCH better than Snapfish/Shutterfly, because you can do sooooo much more with sizing and layouts. Picasa is free to download and automatically sucks all your photos from you computer into it. You must try. You simply must.