Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Good ol' USPS.

Our mailbox key is MIA, so instead of paying the $40 for a new one (yeah - forty bucks - ridiculous), we're hoping it shows up soon. I just try to go to the mailbox when the delivery lady is there, because if I show her my ID she can give me our mail. So annoying. But that's the price you pay for a secure mailbox, right? Well, I'm not sure how SECURE it is... so this was our conversation:
Me: Hi there, I have my ID, could I get my mail from you?
Postal worker: Sure.  [looks at it and goes to my box]  Oh, you're the lady having twins?
Me: Um, yeah... how did you know I'm having twins?
Postal worker: [shrugs and stutters a little] Oh, you know, I just kinda read your mail a little sometimes.

5 comments:

The Gilson Girls said...

OH MY! that is all I can say about that.

Crystyne said...

Kinda. Translation. She only read the interesting stuff, keeps the checks, gives you the rest.

Sarah said...

Oh no! You should feel flattered that you (and your mail) is so interesting.
Our postal worker knows our box number and that Corey's a game warden. And yes, we do live in Twilightland.

Malerie said...

Wow.

valmike said...

That seriously made me laugh. Hello ethics violation! Wow, some people aren't shy about their indescretions are they?