Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Motivation

[warning: this is another pregnancy-whining post. Read no further if you are already disgusted with my lack of gratitude at the blessed gestational condition I'm in]
A month or two ago Brianna helped me fill these two storage containers with all my too-small clothes:
I can't lie... it was depressing. I had to put some cute articles in there, unsure of whether I'd ever see and adorn them again. I'm not one of those girls that magically zips back into their size 2 pants a couple weeks after popping a baby out. At least that wasn't the case with my first pregnancy. Maybe I'll be better behaved this round. But the fact is that I can't restrict calorie intake too much, or I won't produce enough milk to exclusively breastfeed. I won't have time to count calories, so it's all going to be a guessing game. The best option would be to just throw in as much extra cardio as possible - but when exactly will I have time/energy for that?! A couple weeks ago I entered the wearing-Brian's-shirts stage. Quite demoralizing. But comfortable, which is a priority in this summer heat. It may seem trivial and petty to be complaining about something so superficial, but the fact is that I've spent most my adult life being very fit. To go from fit to flabby is no fun. So those bins will stay there at the bottom of my closet as a constant reminder of the reward for some serious self-discipline and effort.

1 comment:

The Bensons said...

While pregnant with baby #2 I was feeling a little nervous about getting my body back and so I invested in a spanx. They are kind of expensive, but completely worth it (even my sweet dear penny pinching hubby would agree). After a week I was starting to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes (and that DID not happen that soon after baby #1). Basically when your body is still a bowl full of jelly it helps everything go back to where it belongs (specifically hips and tummy). Here is the website with the one I recommend http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4058277&cp=2992553.4083694&parentPage=family They never ever go on sell (high demand) but I did find it for a bit cheaper on ebay.